The Admissions Coordinator must possess exceptional customer service skills, love working with people, in particular seniors and thrive in a fast paced environment. The Admission Coordinator works closely with the Admission Nurse and the weekend supervisors
to ensure timely review of all referrals for admission. This position will work with new and current residents and their families during the transition process into CRISTA Senior Living’s Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Responsibilities include collaborating
with all appropriate departments and key staff to ensure a positive experience and seamless transition into our community. The Admission Coordinator works flexible hours to meet program needs.
This position is Full Time with a Sunday-Thursday work schedule
$1,500 sign on bonus!! (250 paid after 30 days,
250 paid after 90 days, 500 paid 6 months and 500 paid after 1 year)
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Present positive, accurate and current information to residents and families regarding admission into Cristwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources.
- Ensure resident room is ready per facility standards and place gift bag in resident room for new resident.
- Escort new residents and families to units for smooth transition during admission.
- Offer high quality customer service during a possible difficult transition for resident and family.
- Send out customer satisfaction survey to resident and family, as appropriate one week following admission.
- Respond to telephone and walk-in inquiries, and provides tours as needed.
- Maintain Admission Packets with up to date material in a “marketing” presentable condition.
- Ensure appropriate packet is mailed to all that request information
Referral Management/Admission In-Box
- Review referral list in Admission In-Box frequently throughout the day as needed to ensure timely response to referral sources.
- Check eligibility of all referrals for payor source. If no payor source is available notify referral source of denial. If payor source exists, notify Admission Nurse or Weekend Supervisor to complete clinical review.
- Assist in the assignment of appropriate bed if needed.
- Move referral into appropriate system folder to keep per policy.
- Establish move in date and communicate with all parties. Add move in date to Projected Census Form.
- Participate in morning stand-up meeting.
- Attend Medicare and Transition weekly meetings.
- Develop and update all Admission policies.
- Participate in weekly devotions.
- Coordinate initial preadmission authorization as needed for managed care and other insurers. Document authorization information in VISION.
- Work with residents/families to complete all admission paperwork prior to admission to unit.
- Scan all admission paperwork into VISION.
- Escort resident to unit after all paperwork completed.
- Work closely with Admission Nurse and Weekend Supervisors to ensure Resident admissions to NRC are seamless and well communicated with all departments and applicable parties.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Maintain a vibrant personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, so that CRISTA Senior living is aligned with the corporate vision and mission.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- At least 2 years customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Some experience in Long Term Care or Senior Housing.
Software and Equipment Used:
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
Other Skills Required:
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with deadlines and schedule changes.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects and work within diverse teams.
- Exceptional oral communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Flexibility in schedule with varied work hours as required by work.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Experience in Senior Housing or health insurance related field
Software and Equipment Used:
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records (EMR) in particular HMX VISION.
- Willing to complete further training related to job function.
Please visit the following URL to apply: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CRISTA&cws=41&rid=1762