I. Position Summary
The Executive Assistant will provide executive level support to the Pastor, Music & Director.
II. Essential Functions
- Act as internal liaison between Music staff and other Ministry departments as well as external ministry related community businesses and organizations on behalf of the Pastor, Music.
- Prepare all general correspondence for Pastor, Music including memos, reports, responses to invitations, speaking engagements and thank you notes.
- Coordinate all travel related services including flight arrangements, hotels, conferences and meetings.
- Coordinate, draft, and prepare meeting agendas, visual presentations, minutes, updates, and reports for Music staff meetings and special performance technical meetings.
- Assist other Executive Assistants and Leadership Team members with special requests.
- Meet periodically with other administrative assistants to establish and provide communication and organizational efficiency between ministry departments.
- Assist other Music Pastors and Directors with the daily support and management for other Ministry Assistants, as workload necessitates.
- Maintain calendar and secure appointments for the Pastor, Music.
- Assist Pastor, Music with yearly budget preparation.
- Keep track, organize, and prepare monthly expense reports for Pastor, Music.
- Plan, organize, oversee, or assist with event planning.
- Answer busy phone, screen calls, take messages, answer questions and direct inquiries to the appropriate Ministry source as well as receive, sort and distribute Music ministry incoming mail.
- Greet V.I.P. visitors and guests on behalf of the Pastor, Music.
- Organize and maintain Music confidential and proprietary files and documents.
- Manage all tasks related to Music Ministry communications including web page, printed material, and announcements.
- Coordinate preparations for annual events and programs.
- Enlist and supervise volunteers as needed for ministry related functions.
- Coordinate preparations for banquets, training conferences, and retreats sponsored by the Music Ministry.
- Develop relationships with Special Guest Artists and act as a liaison between them and FBA.
- Manage and coordinate all Special Guest Artists on behalf of Pastor, Music Ministry and FBA.
- Responsible for maintaining all information related to The Worship Choir. Including: roster of members, robe assignment/Care group leader/member assignment in the FBA database, acclamation of new members, maintain attendance records for Wednesdays/Sundays/Special
Rehearsals/Performances, production of weekly Vocal Review, collect information for concert attire/place orders, schedule and confirm facilities/support for all choir functions including rehearsals and performances, organize registrations for all choir/orchestra
functions including retreats, tours, and special performances, confirm all special groups and singers for worship and/or special productions as directed by Minister of Music, work closely with all choir officers to facilitate needs and the volunteer choir
- Coordinate promotional materials from start to completion, purchase orders, maintain supplies and interact with vendors for all Ministry programs.
- Prepare Ministry related expense reports and check requests.
- To perform other duties as workload necessitates.
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum ten plus year’s proven experience working at an executive administrative level preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills to be able to professionally interact and communicate with individuals at all levels within the Ministry as well as with external Church members and other ministry organizations.
- Above average attention to detail in researching, composing, typing, editing/proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Efficient and accurate typing speed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- A team player with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the Ministry area and the Church and be able to effectively communicate and work with all types and personalities of people.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement Ministry and Church related short and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to develop good relationships with a wide variety of people groups with the capability to motivate and encourage others.
- A sincere desire to see others grow spiritually.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).