CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
Are you a sales professional interested in a career change? We want to meet you! If your corporate radio job is not a satisfying as you once had hoped, please apply!
General Job Information:
As an Account Executive for KFMK-FM Radio you will be responsible for growing revenue for the station through advertising sales for both on-air and digital platforms. Your outstanding ideas, contagious enthusiasm, and ability to close sales with integrity
will make you shine at CRISTA Media. Growing your pipeline of clients and managing existing accounts will encompass a majority of your daily tasks.
CRISTA Media is part of CRISTA Ministries, where your faith and vocation come together. CRISTA Media is a leader in operating Christian AC stations and is committed to making a positive impact serving our listeners and our communities.
This position is 100% commission.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of and service to individual clients’ needs and goals while balancing station objectives.
- Maintain 80% score on quarterly and annual evaluations to uphold the standards of the department, including measurable goals such as: maintain a minimum of 20 active accounts at all times, 20% new business each year, which is defined as not having been
on the station in 13 months or more, participate in selling non-traditional revenue streams as a part of integrated marketing plans for advertisers, occasionally develop, write and lead sales packages for the team, attend all required meetings, turn in pending
reports, promotional requests, broadcast orders, and traffic/production orders in a timely manner according to deadlines, attend and work station promotions you sell, and achieve revenue budgets. New sales to new clients as well as nontraditional revenue streams
will normally and recurrently occur at the clients’ place of business.
- Creatively solve clients’ marketing problems by presenting effective solutions to. Selling these solutions to clients will normally and recurrently take place at the clients’ place of business.
- Make 20-25 unique sales contacts per week, (defined as actual contact with the decision-maker normally and recurrently at their place of business).
- Accurately follow through on all orders, including: input and order reconciliation, furnishing ready-to-air copy, sending clients’ invoices and securing accurate run times as ordered.
- Collect client and agency payments following station credit and cash parameters.
- Formulate plans to increase productivity and reduce expenses and present to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Christian Commitment: Demonstrates by word and action, a life commitment to Jesus Christ and His service. Willingness to participate in prayer in the office, and represent the sales team with Christian values in the marketplace. Must be
able to effectively integrate faith and vocation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, or Communications from an institution accredited by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for
education on a year-for-year basis.
Experience: Minimum 3 years advertising sales.
Licensure/Certification: Must possess a valid Texas State Driver’s License.
Other Considerations: Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. From time to time, may be required to work weekends and off-hours for station business. Reliable vehicle
needed for client visitations.
Software and Equipment Used: Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite like Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, TapWeb, Maximizer, Qualitap, Adobe, XRay, Wide Orbit and internet services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Marketing from an institution accredited by the US Department of Education or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 3 years Broadcast Radio advertising sales in Austin market
Please submit an application via our wesbite at: