Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting data, efficiently process payroll for all U.S. sent missionaries and employees, support the Assistant US Treasurer and provide Management with the financial information required to make informed decisions.
- Accurately prepare, record and process recurring journal entries.
- Analyze and reconcile assigned accounts.
- Maintain and process payroll records by following policies and procedures.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Understand and comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements-including the proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Prepare reports for management and governmental authorities.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial and member/employee information.
- Cross train for several processes within the Finance Department.
- Contribute to team effort by collaborating and completing tasks as needed or requested.
Relationships Accountable to the Assistant U.S. Treasurer.
- Accounting Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years work experience in a bookkeeping/accounting function.
- Prefer experience in non-profit, multi-fund accounting.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices and experience in processing multi-state payroll.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Capacity to serve joyfully while dealing with difficult, sensitive and confidential issues.
- Detail-oriented and able to analyze information.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Thorough with excellent follow-up and tracking skills.
Please submit your inquiries or questions to Steve Baker email@example.com.