CRISTA Ministries "Where faith meets vocation."
The Spanish Immersion Elementary Teacher is responsible for all aspects of classroom instruction in Spanish. The Spanish Immersion Elementary Teacher is responsible for all organization, teaching, and supervision within the area of assigned responsibility.
This position will keep the principal informed of activities as teacher, the progress of students, and the classroom condition. This position will participate as an active member of the school staff and pertinent parent organizations and adhere fully to the
stated purposes, standards, policies and procedures of CRISTA Ministries and of King's Elementary School. The Spanish Immersion Elementary Teacher will carry out teaching responsibility as follows.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Maintain professional standards, remain alert to academic developments, be a continuing student of the educative process, work toward the established goals of school and classroom; master new content, technology, methods and materials evaluating their role
in the classroom.
- Inform the office if leaving campus during the school day; attend regularly scheduled devotions, meetings and assigned conferences; fulfill contractual agreement which includes orientation week and closing duties.
- Teach the adopted curriculum and make good use of textual and resource materials provided; plan work on an annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily basis, and work according to plan.
- Submit weekly online and hard copy assignment sheets (1-6), or monthly letters (Kindergarten).
- Update website weekly.
- In all circumstances guard carefully the health and safety of the children including seeing them to carpool and/or on the bus after school each day.
- Prepare and conduct evaluative testing and as appropriate administer annual achievement tests for assigned grade.
- Maintain cumulative student files. Confer immediately with students, parents, and the principal concerning the progress, questions, and/or problems of a student, and provide written reports on the various forms provided for this purpose.
- Keep accurate academic records, progress reports, and submit these to the office at the scheduled times. Counsel and advise students on academic, personal, and spiritual concerns.
Supervise the following:
- Regular activities, carpool duties, chapels, assemblies, and other activities where a cooperative teacher effort is needed; attend and promote Open Houses, Tour and Information Sessions, PINS, and other activities related to Admissions; advise and participate
in extracurricular activities, committees and programs.
- Student intern teachers and cooperate with area colleges and universities in providing opportunities for observation and demonstration; help to orient, assist, and mentor teachers.
- Inform the secretary or principal immediately if unable to fulfill any duty assigned. In case of absence, notify principals as early as possible; prepare information and materials for the substitute teacher.
Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and parents.
Perform other related duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Students and parent volunteers.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
- Christian Commitment:
- Must know Jesus Christ as personal Savior, maintain a close personal walk with the Lord and display a strong Christian testimony.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Experience: (in any of the following)
- Teaching in a Spanish Immersion Classroom Environment;
- Native or near native language proficient;
- Fluent in Spanish; or
- Teaching elementary or secondary level of Spanish
- Washington State Certified Teacher
- CPR/FIRST AID/AED Training
- Other Considerations:
- Strong technology skills and vision.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, students and parents
TO APPLY: Go to the following URL to complete online application:
Or visit www.crista.org/employment