Ministry Description: Discipleship and Outreach Pastor
Parkside Chapel of the C&MA
3200 E. Walnut Avenue
Visalia, CA 93292
Purpose of the Position
- To model and build a Great Commandment/Great Commission lifestyle among adults.
- To make disciples that pursue Parkside’s vision.
Qualifications for the Position
- A mature Christian modeling Elder qualities (1 Timothy 3:1-7) and Fruit of the Spirit character (Galatians 5:22,23).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred and a minimum of three years experience in leadership positions related to Christian education and/or discipleship ministry in a multiple staff setting
- Demonstrated heart of a shepherd able to envision, train and lead our adult disciplemaking program with the goal of reaching our surrounding community with the gospel of Christ
- Effective teacher of the Word in classroom settings and from the pulpit
- Proven ability to recruit, equip, organize and encourage volunteers and ministry leaders
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement a comprehensive discipleship and education program for adults and relate discipleship to the total church ministry
- Agreement with Christian & Missionary Alliance doctrine and mission
- Envision, plan and lead our adult disciplemaking program
- Recruit, equip, organize and encourage staff, ministry leaders and volunteers
- Oversee local outreach and coordinate our missions activities as an integrated and logical outflow of our disciplemaking process.
- Oversee and implement programs including one-to-one mentoring, small groups, evangelism, gifts discovery and mid-sized group/ course-based education in pursuit of Parkside’s vision
- Provide regular ongoing reports to the congregation on areas of oversight
- Participate in pulpit supply as requested and pastoral counseling when required.
- Participate in staff meetings and pastoral functions as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Reports to the Lead Pastor
- Relates to and coordinates with other ministry staff and volunteers
- Member of the Elder Board
Salary: Per experience
Application: Resume, Philosophy of Ministry, message links to email@example.com.
Deadline: April 30, 2017