Ministry Description: Youth Pastor
Parkside Chapel of the C&MA
3200 E. Walnut Avenue
Visalia, CA 93292
Purpose of the Position
- To model and build a Great Commandment/Great Commission lifestyle among Junior and Senior High students
- To make disciples within our Junior High and Senior High ministries that pursue Parkside’s vision
Qualifications for the Position
- A mature Christian modeling I Timothy 3:1-7 (Elder qualities) and Galatians 5:22,23 (Fruit of the Spirit) character
- A passion for youth ministry and an ability to relate well to students and their parents
- Proven ability to recruit and lead an adult volunteer staff to work with youth
- Effective in teaching God's Word and administrating Student Ministries
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, and a minimum of one year of youth related ministry leadership experience
- Agreement with Christian & Missionary Alliance doctrine and mission
- Develop, implement and oversee the ministry to Parkside’s Junior and Senior High students producing disciples who pursue our vision
- Provide Sunday morning and mid-week ministries for Parkside’s Junior and Senior High students
- Integrate on-campus ministry with outreach opportunities into the community
- Provide an extended stretching/service/missions trip opportunity each year.
- Coordinate and supervise other youth activities (i.e. retreats, camps, etc.)
- Oversee, recruit and train staff and adult volunteers, providing regular staff meetings and training opportunities in support of ministry goals.
- Provide counseling with students and with parents of students when needed.
- Conduct campus and home visitation.
- Provide for oversight, training and ongoing development of our youth worship team.
- Participate in pulpit supply when requested
- Participate in staff meetings and pastoral functions as assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Reports to the Lead Pastor
- Relates to and coordinates with other ministry staff and volunteers
- Non-voting member of the Elder Board
Salary: Per experience
Application: Resume, Philosophy of Ministry, message links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: April 30, 2017