Eagle Ranch is looking to hire a full-time Houseparent Couple to start in May 2017.
Houseparent Couples live full-time on the Ranch in one of our lovely homes. They are supported by an Assistant Counselor and a Licensed Professional Counselor. To be considered, couples must be married for at least 3 years and have no more than 2 children
living at home.
Houseparents use biblical values in modeling a healthy family as they care for up to seven children residing in their home. They manage the home so as to create a therapeutic environment which facilitates the attainment of goals established when each child
is accepted at the Ranch. Within a structured environment, they ensure a holistic approach to nurturing each child. Additionally, they develop a relationship with each child’s family and help assimilate them into the Ranch program.
- Good character, health and emotional stability.
- Regularly attend church.
- Agree with Eagle Ranch Statement of Faith.
- Share with spouse a burden to provide a Christian home for children in crisis and in need of hope and healing.
Training Provided – No Experience Necessary
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma plus work experience required, college preferred.
- Married at least three years and no more than two of your own children living at home.
- At least twenty-five (25) years of age.
- Good moral character and integrity. Strong Christian character and nurturing lifestyle as documented by references.
- Willing and able to do manual work.
- Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds - men.
- Able to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds - women.
- Able to keep good records.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to become First Aid and CPR qualified.
- Able to become lifeguard certified - either or both Houseparents.
- Able to prepare three (3) meals a day for up to eleven (11) people.
Ranch-Required Lodging and Meals:
- Must live in assigned home.
- While on duty, must eat meals with the children.
- Good physical and psychological health as assessed by employment exams and job performance.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Willingness to learn and implement the Ranch program.
- Able to adjust to sudden changes in schedule.
- Able to maintain home checking account.
- Able to balance tension between Ranch responsibilities and those of own family.
To apply, couples should email their professional resumes, including work and volunteer experience, with a cover letter to Bob Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org and wait to be contacted. If applicable, please include the age and gender of your dependent children.
Couples who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information, please visit EagleRanch.org/employment/houseparent-couples/