YOUTH MINISTER POSITION
Lynbrook Baptist Church, a member of the Conservative Baptist Association of
America, is seeking a full-time, Youth Minister for grades 6-12. The suburban village of
Lynbrook is located in Southwestern Nassau County, Long Island, NY, approximately 25
miles East of Manhattan. Population approximately 20,000.
Our church, founded in 1914, is a very diverse and growing congregation who
love and serve our Lord Christ Jesus. Our average Sunday attendance has reached
150 and continues to grow. Our church’s Purpose Statement reads;
“We exist to worship and glorify God through the preaching of the Gospel of
Jesus Christ and living “New Creation” lives to expand His Kingdom.”
This is capsulated in the words: “Glorify, Grow and Go!”
Our vision statement is:
“To become a dynamic force in Southwest Nassau County, impacting our
community of Lynbrook and adjoining towns with the life transforming Gospel of Jesus
This is summarized in our tag line; “Christ Centered - Community Minded.”
We are seeking a dynamic individual/ couple, with prior youth ministry
experience, to join our church family and continue to create and build upon our thriving
youth ministry program for grades 6-12.
Attached is the full ministry description and minister profile.
Youth Minister Position for Lynbrook Baptist Church, NY
Youth Minister Profile:
* The Youth Minister must have a dynamic, personal relationship with and deep faith in Jesus Christ as
evidenced in a clear testimony and past ministry experience. Applicant should not be a new believer.
* Applicant must demonstrate a Christ-like character as evidenced in spiritually mature behavior, speech
and prayer life.
* Applicant must have a excellent understanding of the Bible and competency in using it to address
* Applicant must be disciplined, self-motivated, organized, possessing good communication skills, have
leadership ability, be able to follow instructions and work as a team player. He should be computer
literate and tech savvy.
* Applicant must have a passion, love and calling to minister to youth of various ages.
* Applicant must have some previous ministry with youth.
* It is preferred the minister be married. If married both must become members of Lynbrook Baptist
* The Youth Minister must be in complete agreement with the Church’s doctrinal statement and
* The Youth Minister (and spouse if married) must agree to be fingerprinted and have a background
Educational/ Training Requirements:
* A Seminary degree or a 4 year Bible degree in Youth Ministries is highly preferred. In lieu of formal
education, a combination of education and extensive experience may be considered.
* If a Bible degree is not yet completed, there must be a commitment to finish it.
* There must be a commitment to continued training through available seminars and/or conferences.
The candidate will be inheriting a vibrant youth program from the previous Youth Minister of 7
years, whom the Lord has called to pursue his doctoral degree. Therefore, we look for an individual to:
* Continue to create and build upon the firm foundation already in place for the 6-12th graders.
* Teach the Sunday School class for this group.
* Meet with students during the week, and a minimum one night a week.
* Coordinate this program with the existing K-5th grade program leader.
* Mentor students to use their talents and abilities for the Lord within and outside the church.
* Be available for students and their families during the week for relationship building, counseling,
* Continue to network with other churches and Christian organizations in the area.
* Create and encourage service projects and missions trips for the group.
* Arrange to take students to youth conferences and leadership development activities.
* Recruit and train adult volunteers to assist.
* Attend all church services and prayer meeting at the church.
* Parsonage housing available. Salary, vacation, health insurance commensurate with qualifications and