Assists Vice President for Development in administration of all fund raising operations. Oversees, assists in training, and coordinates activities of Ministry Representatives serving as fund raising field personnel. Assists in administration of Development
internal operations as assigned by Vice President for Development. Oversees and gives direction to Receipting Secretary/Foundation Administrative Assistant. Assists Vice-President for Development in making administrative decisions by producing pertinent
and timely reports necessary for the administration of Development. Oversees and coordinates regional promotion of Shepherds as directed by Vice President for Development. Develops itinerary, travels to meetings, represents and promotes Shepherds ministry
to pastors and churches within geographic region of responsibility. Makes appointments and travels to locations within geographic region of responsibility to represent and promote development programs and capital campaign giving programs to individual donors.
Seeks out prospective new donors and churches within geographic region of responsibility and assists ministry representatives in this process. Works closely with Shepherds administrative staff to assist with possible pre-screening and/or interviews of potential
applicants for staff positions Develops regional database of churches and individuals as provided by Development internal operations for the possibility of making recommendations for additional field staff at such time as may be deemed necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DEVELOPMENT INTERNAL OPERATIONS
- Assists Vice President for Development by maintaining oversight of Foundation Ministry Representatives. Has responsibility for assisting in training and the progress of the field program. Communicates and/or meets with field representatives on a weekly
basis. Coordinates and prepares all summary reports of field and Ministry Representative activities and donor case tracking management files.
- Assists Vice President for Development in planning, communicating, and coordinating regional strategies necessary for current funding, mini-campaigns, and major capital campaigns as deemed necessary. Records all contributions utilizing three reporting methods:
Total Contributions-Alpha, Pledged, and Regional Solicitor Coded. Makes monthly reports to Shepherds Administration and updated reports to Foundation Board for each board meeting.
- Gives oversight to receipting function as it pertains to daily receipting, daily reports, weekly reports, monthly reports and other reports necessary to assist Vice President for Development and Ministry Representatives in administration of their responsibilities.
May work with receipting secretary to produce special reports to assist Ministry Representatives in adding to or adjusting their qualified donor caseloads. These reporting methods include weekly travel expenses, weekly activity and closing reports, and daily/monthly/YTD
contribution reports with daily closings of single gifts or total annual gifts of $500 or greater; (note: level will eventually increase to $1,000).
- Assists Vice President for Development in establishment and coordination of annual calendar of fund raising and related programs. This assistance also pertains to the development and direction of balanced funding programs and staffing for the funding needs
of Shepherds Ministries.
- Assists with and monitors progress of Shepherds Foundation operations and activities of subordinate staff as assigned by Vice President for Development. Also assists Vice President for Development in planning, preparing and monitoring of annual Development
- Maintains weekly schedule. Prepares monthly report of activities for Vice President for Development.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and reports findings on every Development funding program on timely basis to Vice President for Development. Recommends, institutes, and modifies existing programs in consultation with Vice President for Development as deemed necessary.
- Assists Vice President for Development in developing annual funding program contribution forecast.
- Travels as necessary to carry out responsibilities.
- Assists in coordination of Ministry Briefing events and other meetings of groups for purpose of presenting and promoting fund development needs for Shepherds Ministries. This may be in conjunction with Ministry Representatives, Ministry Advancement staff,
Vice President for Development, and/or the President of Shepherds.
MIDWESTERN REGION CHURCH RELATIONS
- Creates and strengthens awareness of Shepherds to pastors and churches as a ministry to the intellectually and developmentally disabled as well as their families.
- Contacts churches to promote new and increased support of Shepherds on regular and sustained basis.
- Contacts current supporting churches by phone, letter, email, or personal visit to express appreciation for their gifts, to build relations, and to schedule meetings for presenting updates on the ministry.
- Develops, promotes, and maintains good relationships with pastors and churches.
- Conducts area church surveys (prospecting) for possible addition to church database with intent to establish ministry partnerships to assist churches in reaching out to the ID/DD community and their families as well as gain support for Shepherds.
- Speaks in churches as scheduled to promote services and resources available through Shepherds Ministries. When offered the opportunity, will prepare sound messages from God’s Word into which the Shepherds story is woven.
- Challenges churches and individuals to consider participation in a variety of giving programs offered by Shepherds.
- Schedules and/or coordinates scheduling of itineraries for himself/herself and any other representatives of Shepherds in cooperation with the Vice President for Development.
- Develops and utilizes video, power point presentations, and displays of Shepherds materials appropriate for the scheduled meetings, conferences and events.
- Maintains accurate and appropriately detailed records of all contacts, both by phone, email, letter or personal visit through various reports and by appropriate notations in donor software records.
- Furnishes Vice President for Development with regular reports of activities as may be considered pertinent and/or requested.
- Travels as necessary to carry out responsibilities.
MIDWESTERN REGION DONOR RELATIONS
- Acts as case manager to established caseload of qualified individual donors, businesses, private foundations and other related ministry partnerships.
- Makes face to face calls with individuals on caseload for information, cultivation, and closing presentations for purpose of raising funds for support of Shepherds Ministries.
- Develops prospects to build relationships for purpose of cultivating donors.
- Progressively seeks to move donors through a three tiered system of development calls to meet established goals as determined by administration and field contribution programs.
- Enlists multi-sustained program enrollments, major and mega donor contributions to mini and major capital campaign programs, and encourages referrals to Shepherds estate planning counsel.
- Presents Shepherds Ministries as worthy of prayer and financial support.
- Organizes work in such a way that appointments are being scheduled one to two weeks in advance.
- Maintains appropriate records of donor calls, furnishes contact reports, donor profile information, and case tracking report forms for weekly accountability of activities.
- Plans travel according to scheduled appointments as caseload commitments dictate.
- Arranges Ministry Briefing events and other donor group meetings in conjunction with Vice President for Development, Ministry Advancement staff and President of Shepherds.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES ASSOCIATED WITH POSITION:
- Oversees Shepherds field programs in geographical area of responsibility.
- Makes recommendations to Vice President for Development as workloads and database warrants considerations for additional staffing.
- May oversee and review work of any representatives assigned to geographical area of responsibility.
- Interrelates and cooperates with all departments and ministries of Shepherds
- May act as liaison and provide information to parents, relatives, and guardians of clients that come from geographical area of responsibility.
- Manages or assists Vice President for Development with supervision of various employees in Shepherds Development Department/Foundation Office.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Shepherds’ policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of at least five years of specific ministry service, ministry representation or sales related experience is required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in presenting proposals and solicitations for major gifts as well as promoting various types of planned giving arrangements.