We are taking applications for 5 more teachers for Spring 2017 and 30 for Fall 2017!
Have you ever said you would be willing to serve overseas? Would you like to join a large Christian community overseas?
BA Degree is minimum requirement. We are looking for people who desire to travel and have a heart to mentor students [teaching experience preferred, but not required]. If you don't have teaching experience, we will refer you to an online TESOL training class
for 120 hours of training so that you will qualify to teach overseas.
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those with experience or college degrees who love travel, are flexible and enjoy mentorship.
These are the current job openings we have:
- 30 Oral English (BA & 2 Years Teaching Experience or TESOL Certificate)
- 10 Business Teachers (BA & Experience) )
- 4 Kindergarten (BA & 2 Years Teaching Experience or TESOL Certificate)
- 2 Primary School (BA & 2 Years Teaching Experience or TESOL Certificate)
- 1 Culinary chef (BA & Experience) )
Apply by ASAP for Spring Jobs (but the earlier you apply the more likely you will get a job offer):
Email me if you would like more info. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Qualifications: You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching. Learn more at: www.academicsinasia.com
If you do have teaching experience, you are qualified for higher paying jobs.
Sias International University (SIAS) provides one of the smoothest transitions into the Chinese culture as you join a university that caters to their 160 foreign faculty. AIA is the official recruiting brance for SIAS. See www.academicsinasia.com
Each year we hire 20 New Career Professional Teachers & 30 Conversational English Teachers at SIAS University (See Pictures of the SIAS Campus: bit.ly/SIU-Campus)
Apply by ASAP for Fall Jobs (but the earlier you apply the more likely you will get a job offer):
Approximately 55 of our 140 foreign faculty teach Oral English classes which are offered for Freshman and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. If you come with a spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these
classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty! We have 11 families on staff with children. Learn more: www.academicsinasia.com/oral-english/. Other partner schools are looking to us for teachers, too. Learn more at jobs.academicsinasia.com/
We offer a variety of academic courses, briefly outlined here:
www.academicsinasia.com/academics/. These courses are offered through the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business.
Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for
preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Flexibility to provide input into new textbooks and supplemental case studies possible. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or
work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
1. SFL - Composition - The focus will be more on lecturing than correcting students work.
2. School of Business - Financial Management / International Financial Management
3. School of Business - International Business Negotiations
4. School of Business - Microeconomics, Accounting
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing/
(family housing apartments are larger, request pictues if you are a family)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Paid Holidays
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Starting salaries range from 4,500 - 9,500 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. Higher salary for higher degrees. (In 10 months its possible to save $2000-4000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save/
- Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and TESOL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees. FYI, if you don't have a TESOL
Certificate thats not a problem. TESOL Certificate is 120 Hours, can be done online and costs $250.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility.
Intro Video https://youtu.be/dhRbvVgcAeA
Sample ESL Lesson: https://youtu.be/DN08fxD6Xwc
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AcademicsInAsia
Follow Twitter: twitter.com/academicsinasia
Mailing List: http://eepurl.com/CqyGD
Read: Teacher Testimonials
FAQ: the best place to go to get a question answered or ask a question!
First step... Apply: www.academicsinasia.com/apply-now/
Any questions? Visit our FAQ (www.academicsinasia.com/FAQ/)
PLEASE introduce yourself to us!
Email email@example.com or call at 209-877-7427
Please stay connected. I will send out an email a few times a year to let people know of job opportunities through our mailing list. Please sign-up: http://eepurl.com/CqyGD
Join our Job Updates list to stay informed! http://eepurl.com/CqyGD