We are taking applications for Business Teachers for Fall 2018.
Have you ever said you would be willing to serve overseas? Would you like to join a large Christian community overseas? You don't need teaching experience, we need your business and life experience!
SIU offers a variety of academic courses, taught primarily through two departments: the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business (the School of International Education is a separate program offered through Fort Hays State University).
Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for preparation
and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
We will not have confirmed openings for Fall until late March, but we can discuss course options in an interview with you. Here are some of our courses that our Foreign Faculty teach at Sias University:. Courses coud include the following:
– Business Policy and Strategy
– Management Accounting
– International Settlements
– Business Negotiation and Skills
– Theory and Practice of Custom
– Strategic Management for Enterprises
– Futures Trading
– Corporate Governance
– Environmental Economics
– International logistics
– International Business Negotiation
– Currency Banking
See course descriptions here: http://www.academicsinasia.com/academics/
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those with experience or college degrees who love travel, are flexible and enjoy mentorship.
Qualifications: You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching. Learn more at: www.academicsinasia.com
If you do have teaching experience, you are qualified for higher paying jobs. BA Degree is minimum requirement. We are looking for people who desire to travel and have a heart to mentor students [teaching experience preferred, but not required]. If you don't
have teaching experience, we will refer you to an online TESOL training class for 120 hours of training so that you will qualify to teach overseas.
Approximately 55 of our 140 foreign faculty teach Oral English classes which are offered for Freshman and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. If you come with a spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these
classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty! We have 11 families on staff with children. Learn more: www.academicsinasia.com/oral-english/. Other partner schools are looking to
us for teachers, too. Learn more at jobs.academicsinasia.com/
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing/
(family housing apartments are larger, request pictues if you are a family)
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Paid Holidays
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Stipends range from 4,500 - 9,500 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. Higher salary for higher degrees. (In 10 months its possible to save $2000-4000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save/
- Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and TESOL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility.
Watch: Get to know Us Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhu1m9BOoc8
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AcademicsInAsia
Follow Twitter: twitter.com/academicsinasia
Mailing List: http://eepurl.com/CqyGD
FAQ: the best place to go to get a question answered or ask a question!
First step... Apply: www.academicsinasia.com/apply-now/
Any questions? Visit our FAQ (www.academicsinasia.com/FAQ/)
PLEASE introduce yourself to us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 209-877-7427
Please stay connected. I will send out an email a few times a year to let people know of job opportunities through our mailing list. Please sign-up: http://eepurl.com/CqyGD