Preferred candidates will possess a North Carolina teaching certificate from an accredited institution or can be certified within six months of employment. Must possess valid North Carolina operator’s license and feel comfortable driving 15 passenger vans.
Inspiring achievement in students is the supervisor’s foremost responsibility. The supervisor is involved with students, not materials.
- Begin each day prepared mentally and spiritually for the blessing and opportunity to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in the Learning Center.
- In conjunction with the Senior Administrator, the supervisor will implement diagnostic testing.
- The supervisor will assign and issue prescribed curriculum to students as instructed by the Senior Administrator.
- Lead the students in the pledges of allegiance to the National and Christian flags and the pledge to the Bible.
- Begin each morning by preparing the Learning Center for the arrival of students. Preparation includes, but is not limited to, preparing congratulation slips, cleaning, communicating with parents, praying for your students and their family.
- Expedite daily Learning Center routine by answering academic questions, enhancing understanding and quizzing students on Self-Test to determine students readiness for testing.
- Issue tickets/demerits in accordance with Wolf Creek Academy discipline system.
- Supervise testing and report, compile, and file student academic results.
- Attend Supervisor’s training provided by Accelerated Christian Education.
- Supervise the media station(s).
- Supervise and participate in extracurricular activities, which may include physical education, camping, hiking, swimming, field trips, etc.
- Inventory supplies.
- Communicate with parents regarding academics.
- Training students to set goals and reach objectives.
- Help students discover answers to PACE questions.
- Praising, encouraging, motivating, and building student’s confidence daily.
- Grade essays, papers and poems and listen to oral reports.
- Maintain an orderly, disciplined, safe Learning Center.
- Participate in situational counseling, confer and communicate with the Counseling Staff, House Parents and outside professional resources.
- Attend Christian Educators’ Convention each fall.
- Complete other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Administrator or Program Director.
- Become proficient in implementing various learning programs, such as ReadMaster and ACE/Connect (a computer literacy course).
- Implement Stanford Achievement Testing for all students.