DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Development
TEAM: Marketing & Communications
LOCATION: VisionTrust Corporate Office — Colorado Springs, CO
REPORTS TO: Marketing & Communications Director
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is a key contributor to the thorough and accurate implementation of VisionTrust’s partner engagement and fundraising plans. This includes, but is not limited to, copy writing and editing, data management, reporting,
and mailing distribution. This position requires a unique mixture of creativity, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, attention to detail, and organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, thrive in a highly collaborative environment,
possess a passion for storytelling, and eager to learn. The Marketing & Communications Specialist will be responsible for communicating in alignment with business strategies, direction, and brand standards as well as maintaining accurate records and meeting
deadlines for multiple projects.
- Support VisionTrust’s partner engagement and fundraising plans through copy writing and editing, data management, reporting, and enforcing brand standards
- Establish ownership over selected internal projects and act as a team liaison to facilitate marketing needs from other VisionTrust departments
- Serve as content strategist and copy writer/editor for print and digital collateral and social media
- Generate story ideas and conduct interviews as needed to gather accurate information for stories
- Ensure all written marketing and communication pieces adhere to brand guidelines
- Develop, mature, and nurture a content management system
- Manage constituent data in Salesforce and MailChimp
- Oversee in-house production of printed materials such as letters, postcards, handouts, etc.
- Manage inventory of materials such as envelopes, brochures, etc.
- Provide regular campaign reports to Marketing & Communications Director
- Other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Interact with co-laborers with Biblical love
- Demonstrate project coordination skills including the ability to organize, set priorities, take initiative, and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Be proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software and other standard office equipment
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prompt problem solving skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Team player
- Motivated self-starter
- Be comfortable with international travel and adventurous in learning about and interacting with other cultures
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with fellow VisionTrust staff, donors, and field partners encountered in the course of work
- Always willing to learn.
- Familiarity with Adobe suite
- Photography, videography, and/or video editing skills.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This means having a consistent witness of Jesus Christ, which includes maintaining a courteous Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the ministry, refraining from any conduct that
may bring the ministry into question, and faithfully upholding the ministry in prayer.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to VisionTrust’s ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Previous experience with writing and communications
- Previous non-profit or international missions experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce, or willing to learn
- Familiarity with MailChimp, or willing to learn
Physical Demands: Position may require up to 4 weeks international travel to learn about VisionTrust Projects and/or capture content for the Marketing Team with exposure to safety and disease hazards. Mental Demands: While performing the duties of this
job, an employee is regularly required to interact with many different personality types throughout the day; use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine office problems; observe
and interpret people and situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with multiple work teams.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of this position. However, there may be other general tasks to perform.