Status: Salaried, Full-Time with Benefits (exempt)
Kids Alive International, dedicated to rescuing at-risk children around the world, is seeking an individual to lead our Missions Mobilization team. In the role of Missionary Mobilization Manager, this individual is responsible for advancing the mission of
Kids Alive by recruiting, training and caring for missionaries and interns who serve at our ministry sites around the world.
As the Missionary Mobilization Manager, you will be responsible for the oversight of our missionary program, including 70+ full-time missionaries and 40 interns each year. This includes developing and maintaining personal relationships with this group, managing
staff working alongside you, and providing the vision and direction for this program.
- Oversee the missionary and intern programs, developing operational plans, policies and processes that ensure the ongoing health of these programs.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Missions Mobilization Assistant and the Overseas Intern Coordinator.
- Oversee the recruitment and placement of missionaries and interns for available positions.
- Oversight of the application, screening, interviewing, hiring, partnership development and training processes, while building relationships with the applicant’s sending church.
- Act as the ‘personnel manager’ for a caseload of missionaries to provide on-going care to our missionaries serving abroad, connecting them to our office staff and processes, assisting with both routine and extraordinary circumstances.
- Work with other teams within our office to ensure coordinated efforts and processes for our missionary program.
- Occasional overseas travel to provide support for our missionaries, and up to three domestic trips each year to recruit missionaries and attend trainings/conferences representing Kids Alive.
- Provide additional support to the President and Vice Presidents, as appropriate.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Successfully manage a caseload of 70+ missionary contacts: Build personal relationships on behalf of Kids Alive to orient, train and provide care for our missionaries.
- Missionary Representative of Kids Alive: Build relationships with those who inquire about missionary service, as well as the sending churches of our missionary applicants.
- Provide spiritual discernment and guidance: Guide missionaries and applicants through a prayerful process of discernment and spiritual growth from recruitment through aftercare.
- Manage several staff members: Help staff members to develop as individuals and employees, while managing priorities and responsibilities.
- Create office systems: In cooperation with the Missions Mobilization Assistant, create systems and processes that ensure coordinated and accurate record-keeping, details management and intra-office communication of relevant information.
- Provide oversight and vision: Develop strategies and policies that benefit our missionaries and meet our organizational goals for growth and excellence.
- Understanding of Human Resources tasks: Provide necessary help and guidance with insurance, retirement, salaries and other programs as a way to provide care for our missionaries.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures: Keep our Missionary Policy Manual up to date, and continually evaluate/revise our application and screening processes to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
- Create budgets and understand basic accounting: Working with field directors, create appropriate missionary budgets and reporting techniques for fundraising updates, as well as other accounting tasks relating to missionary expenses and
- Be a brand manager: Train and assist our missionaries as they communicate with donors and send updates. Speak to donors and visitors on behalf of Kids Alive to ensure a consistent Kids Alive brand.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrate a passion for building personal relationships
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to work collaboratively with in-office and overseas staff
- Knowledge of MS Database Software, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Must demonstrate the ability to make good decisions independently
- Must be a practicing Christian who is able to provide testimony to a personal faith in Jesus Christ and who agrees fully with Kids Alive International’s long-standing Statement of Faith (please view this at): http://www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/what-we-believe/
- In full agreement with the driving mission/vision/core values of Kids Alive International (please view this at):https://www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/
- A desire to see Christians mobilized for the benefit and glory of God’s kingdom
- Possess a bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience in a cross-cultural ministry or mobilization capacity
- Previous experience as a support-raising missionary is strongly preferred
- Person of integrity who can present strong character and employment references and pass a criminal background search and a credit report
Interested applicants must apply through our hiring site at the following link:
http://bit.ly/2mPWbAN. Applications submitted via any other source
will not be reviewed. Please submit a current resume, summarizing employment and salary history as well as three professional references.