White's Residential and Family Services
Job Title: Vice President of Residential Services, Wabash Campus
Department: Residential Services
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Qualifications: A Christian with strong convictions who is also in agreement with White’s mission statement. Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of social work, counseling, psychology, or education; a master’s degree
in a related field is highly preferred. 7 years of senior or executive-level leadership experience including performance management, fiscal management, and program development experience is highly preferred. 4 years of experience working in a child welfare
agency or therapeutic setting that serves children is required. A proven track record in driving revenue-producing initiatives and significant experience in public speaking and community engagement is highly preferred.
Employment Status: Full-time/Exempt
Job Summary: This is a full time position as a part of a large complex social service agency. The position requires a person with the capacity to know and understand the integral aspects of a large agency serving families
and children. This position is responsible for overseeing the operations pertaining to Wabash-based residential programs and services; expanding current and developing new programs to meet the needs in undeveloped regions of the state as approved by the Board
of Directors; spanning the areas of marketing, public relations, and collaborative program development; and enhancing the efforts of the Program and Campus Life staff, Chief Operations Officer (“COO”), Development staff, Chief Executive Officer and Board of
Directors. This individual must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
Administrative Oversight and Human Resource Management:
- Participate in strategic planning efforts with COO to develop a vision and plan to guide short and long-term programmatic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for site operations, including helping develop and provide oversight for meeting the parameters and goals set forth within the budget, financial stewardship overall, administration, and program integrity.
- Develop financial plans.
2. Oversee the implementation and use of best business practices across Wabash’s residential staff and facilities.
3. Review and analyze financial reports; identify issues in order to address
deficits and other threats to financial success and stability.
4. Support the budgeting process for the organization at large.
5. Submit to COO a written monthly activity and financial report of Wabash’s Residential Services.
- Collaborate with Support Services to ensure that the campus grounds, including all facilities, are well maintained and that safety is optimized through the proper and most efficient allocation of finances.
- Hire, Develop and supervise key leadership staff within the Residential Services department in Wabash; develop an effective management / senior leadership team and succession plan for the department.
- Provides direction and supervision to direct reports to maximize productivity and develop talent and the potential of staff.
- Collaborates with White’s School Principal (from MSD) and School staff on the Wabash campus regarding the implementation and utilization of systems, processes and policies that ensure all academic standards and objectives are met relative to the quality
of the individual and aggregate learning experience of Wabash’s students.
- Ensure that effective relationships exist between school and residential staff in order to strengthen collaboration and consistency with regard to behavior management of the students across all staff.
- Collaborate with Principal and Chief Operations Officer to have positive working relationships with local school system.
Clinical Services and Medicaid Oversight:
- Ensure that White’s has a training program that teaches and reinforces the fundamentals of our clinical approach to providing therapeutic and evidence-based care; ensure that the comprehensive program balances clinical and behavioral objectives in all settings
and facets of students’ experience at White’s.
- Ensure that White’s Clinical Services staff complies with regulations and drive the development of sustainable support processes and systems.
- Oversee the administration and fulfillment of contractual and payment obligations for all contracted external providers responsible for White’s mental health services and other health care services; communicate regularly with and provide supervision for
Licensing, Accreditation, and Risk Management Oversight:
- Ensures that all aspects of Residential Services in Wabash meet and maintain licensing regulations, Treatment Model of Care standards, COA standards, ethical standards, and applicable Best Practices Standards.
- Review incident reporting entries daily to monitor trends and provide guidance and oversight for managing risk related to CPS and DCS safety and licensure issues. Serve as the final authority on all risk management issues that pertain to Residential Services
in Wabash, acting in full collaboration with the COO at all times.
- Ensure that safety and reporting standards are well managed; oversee and ensure that facilities are clean, well maintained, and meet Board of Health inspection criteria.
Program Development and Performance and Quality Improvement:
- Provides administrative oversight for residential program to ensure that practices, programs and services are provided within an evidence based/informed practice framework.
- Works with COO, Program Director and other leadership staff on the Wabash campus to establish programmatic goals and objectives that are consistent with the Mission of WRFS, Service LLC, and White’s Clinical Services objectives.
- Analyzes metrics and findings presented by management staff in order to ensure that targets are met or objectives are modified as necessary.
- Ensures that best practices for effective performance management and training are implemented and utilized in order to maximize productivity, develop talent, manage retention and meet program goals in a most efficient manner.
- Regularly reviews operational Residential key Performance Indicators and ensures that an effective performance and quality improvement program is in place that includes a comprehensive system of assessment tools and timelines and that mitigates risk and
drives continuous improvement.
- Lead, supervise and coordinate business relations, business communications, customer service and successful outcomes in a very competitive business environment.
- Collaborate with COO and other senior leaders to set strategic enrollment goals and programmatic objectives that are aligned with White’s strategy and Board-approved goals.
- Analyze current placement agency relations, placement trends and outcome information; forecast programmatic changes that need to be made in order to maintain a competitive advantage and meet the needs of placement agencies.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and mutually beneficial working relationship and arrangements with community agencies, educational institutions, groups and organizations.
- Ensures that a spiritual life program exists for staff and students that effectively cultivates and grows spirituality across all facets of the programs in alignment with White’s mission and within contractual parameters.
Skill, Supervision, Knowledge, and Ability:
- The VP of Residential Services must be an individual with a Christian and professional commitment to work with staff, students and all agency stakeholders.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities, and be a positive role model.
- Must demonstrate excellent public relation skills and represent White’s in a professional manner: Must work to build strong relationships with outside agencies, both public and private, to develop a strong support base.
- Must be a person who takes initiative and works with minimal supervision.
- Must have working knowledge of budgets.
- Must have advanced experience in using technology, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database utilization.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate the mission, vision, and concerns of White’s ministry in both oral and written communications.
- Must demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills and have the ability to get along well with diverse personalities.
- Must demonstrate high energy level, and be comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Must be dependable, well organized and an effective time manager.
- Must have an understanding of clinical issues, treatment programming concepts and counseling.
- Must be able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Must be personable, genuine, empathetic and able to connect emotionally in their work with staff, children, parents, and other professionals.
- Must be a “team player.” This person needs to enjoy working closely with other staff members and have the ability to be flexible, adaptive and positive in his/her actions.
- Must maintain appropriate hygiene and attire per dress code.
- Must be committed to the Mission, Core Values, and Vision of White’s Residential and Family Services.
Physical Demands of Position
- Must be able to drive long distances to perform work, attend meetings, complete staff training, etc.
- Must be able to handle the stress of multiple roles and responsibilities, difficult personnel issues, attending to crises and other unplanned events.
- The incumbent of this position must live on campus, unless otherwise approved of by the COO.
- General office hours are: 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Work in office, attending meetings, and perform other duties that often extend beyond these “office hours”
- While there are no stated “on call” time assignments, the VP of Residential Services in Wabash is expected to provide timely guidance and be a resource to the Wabash campus. His/her cell phone number will be given to staff to use outside regular office
hours. In addition the VP of Residential Services in Wabash must carry a cell phone with a voice mail option when not on vacation.