Category: Worship Director
Church: Calvary Chapel Worship Center
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon (Portland suburb)
Church Size: 1,200 to 1,400
Job Type: Full-Time
Calvary Chapel Worship Center is committed to worshipping the Lord in Spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24). Calvary Chapel is currently recruiting to fill the position of Worship Director and is looking for a candidate who:
- has a sincere, mature faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- has a true love for God and His people as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit, a love for God’s Word, and a heart of worship.
- has graduated from an accredited Bible College with the equivalent of an Associate’s Degree (preferred).
- is self-motivated and driven to expand the worship ministry of Calvary Chapel Worship Center to its full potential.
- is educated in music theory and able to instruct worship team members in music theory (preferred).
- will be able to serve as the primary worship leader at the weekly church services (Wednesday Night, Saturday Night, and three Sunday Morning Services) and special events.
- is a skilled musician, proficient at playing the acoustic or electric guitar while leading contemporary, God-centered worship songs.
- is able to organize worship teams, create worship sets for the weekly services, and direct the worship team during practices.
- is able to recruit and train/develop musical talent (vocalists and instrumentalists).
- will seek out and develop new worship leaders so that other worship leaders will be available to serve during the weekly services and special events.
- is able to resolve conflict and bring godly instruction to worship team members with grace and truth.
- agrees with
Calvary Chapel’s Statement of Faith and
Calvary Chapel Distinctives.
- will be able to take direction from the Senior Pastor, Pastoral Supervisor, and Elder Board of Calvary Chapel.
- will participate in and bring a positive contribution to weekly staff meetings.
- will coordinate with other ministry teams.
Compensation packages are negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume, a link to a video of you leading worship, and personal references/recommendations to