Has your company cut your commissions or taken accounts from you for no reason? We’ve heard the horror stories and they make no sense to us. Why would any company limit the income of their top salespeople?
If you’re a good salesperson – especially if you’re in media sales – then we want to talk to you.
Salem Media Group is a company that believes in its people. In 2015, Salem was voted one of the
National Best and Brightest Companies to Work For. And then last year, we were voted a
2016 Great Place to Work.
It was our employees who voted to give us those honors. That says a lot. We believe in rewarding excellence and treating our people with respect.
If you’d like to join our local sales team in St. Louis, please apply. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Account Executive for 1260am The Answer and 1380 The Pulse, St. Louis
Salem Media Group is looking for a full-time local salesperson/account executive for our two radio stations in St. Louis, MO, 1260 The Answer (WSDZ-AM) and 1380 The Pulse (KXFN-AM). This person will be expected to meet and exceed personal sales quotas while
providing exceptional client service. This person will report directly to the Local Sales Manager.
- Meet and exceed personal sales quotas.
- Find, develop, sell and service new local spot and program accounts.
- Create multi-media advertising solutions for our advertisers incorporating spot, web, streaming, print, and other digital media.
- Maintain impeccable standards for advertiser service.
- Collect amounts due from advertisers in conjunction with the business department.
- Insure that all advertisers are credit approved or cash in advance.
- Monitor direct response campaigns to ensure goals are being met in a timely fashion.
- Provide timely accurate projections/forecast reports.
- Prepare accurate and timely expense reports.
- Maintain sales expenses at or below budget.
- Monitor broadcast agreements for accuracy.
- Develop relationships deep in the advertiser’s organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Impeccable personal integrity.
- Several years of experience in radio sales and marketing.
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Insatiable curiosity about how local businesses work. This curiosity leads the seller to uncover where a client’s profit is, where expenses are, the cost of doing business, the major challenges a business faces, and the drive to help the business solve
- Disciplined and productive without requiring constant oversight to make sure the work gets done.
- Ideal candidate enjoys collaboration with co-workers and guidance from management but – in the end – owns the sales process and is disciplined and productive without requiring constant oversight from superiors.
- Proven ability to solve advertiser’s marketing problems with creativity and intelligence.
- An ongoing student of marketing principles.
- A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
- Ideal candidate will possess the ability to write successful ad copy.
- Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Compensation commensurate to experience.
About Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher, targeting audiences interested in Christian and family themed content and conservative values.
Salem owns and operates 112 radio stations, with 67 stations in the nation’s top 25 markets – and 30 in the top 10. Each of our radio stations has a full portfolio of broadcast and digital marketing opportunities.
In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news, and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading
Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing, a leading publisher of Christian themed magazines.
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.