Purpose Statement/Summary: The Student Pastor will provide full direction in the development and implementation of the High School and Middles School Ministries. He/she will be the spiritual leader, vision caster, pastor/teacher of the
High School Ministry. Provide leadership to High School students and their parents. Recruit, train, and empower leaders for the High School Ministry.
- Oversee the execution of all Student ministry functions.
- Create and develop new small groups and activities to attract new students.
- Responsible for leading and speaking at the HS Services and overseeing the Middle School services and activies.
- Work closely with the Student Ministry team in developing/communicating vision for the High School Ministry
- Continue developing and growing students in their relationship with Christ.
- Be available to counsel with students and families.
- Expand CBC’s current presence at school campuses and school clubs.
- Coordinate and promote large scale events to get city wide exposure for Student Ministry.
- Develop relationships with parents of involved students to provide guidance in the whole family system as needed.
- Recruit, train and disciple ministry leaders in DNow discipleship program.
- Continue to grow summer camps
- Attend worship regularly and special services/events as appropriate.
- Maintain personal accountability and relationships with staff members.
- Maintain daily disciplines of Bible study, prayer and preparation and strive to live a Christian Lifestyle.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 3+ years related experience.
- Experience as a Student pastor at a mega-church, preferred.
- Be an exceptional speaker and communicator of God's Word.
- Professing Christian and influential leader
- CBC Member, Wise Counsel Graduate or willing to complete Wise Counsel training.
- Must be a current member or willing to become a member of CBC
- Must be willing to attend CBC service weekly.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Able to develop relationships with students and parents to relate to them on a personal and spiritual level.
- Candidates will be self-directed, and self-motivated with a history of success.
- Must have a strong and consistent Biblical teaching ability and be able to effectively communicate God’s work in various settings.
- Must be an excellent public speaker with the ability to captivate an audience of students.
- The candidate must have proven interpersonal and conflict management skills and be able to make decisions in keeping with the vision, policies, and practices of CBC.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize and develop leadership potential.
- Experienced manager, leader, and teacher.
- People Person, Energetic Highly Motivated.
- Accepts new ideas and challenges and is highly motivated.
- Sitting, keyboarding, visual w/monitor, walking, bending, stooping, public speaking, exposed to loud music during student events, etc., occasional lifting 10-50 lbs, occasional events/activities outdoors in the heat, occasional events/activities requiring