The U.S. Director of Development provides development expertise to ensure the financial security, sustainability and growth of Stephen’s Children (SC). Founded in 1989, Stephen’s Children is an Egyptian Christian organization serving more than 32,000 impoverished
children and families in that country. www.stephenschildren.org
The primary goal of this position is to ensure the organization is represented in the United States. The Representative will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with board members, individual donors, foundations and staff. This includes
setting a target and works on fundraising to achieve it
The role reports to SC – Cairo and the Board of Directors in the United States.
- Prepare and implement the annual Development Plan
- Develop and implement Special Project giving programs and Major Donor Program:
- Direct Mail
- One on One
- Fundraising Events
- Direct and execute grant writing campaign:
- Re-submit grants to foundations and churches that have given in the past
- Identify new foundations and churches
- Current donor retention
- Thank you cards and calls
- Ministry Updates
- Meetings with key donors
- Identify and procure new donors
- Develop P.R. materials
- Oversee part-time development assistant in Canada
- Periodic travel to Cairo - hosting major donors to visit the ministry
- Oversee administrative duties and part-time assistant in U.S.
- Assist in coordination of travel for representatives visiting U.S.
- Professional fundraising experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, foundations and staff.
- Grant writing experience
- Commitment to mission and vision of the organization
- Ability to work independently
-this is a nationwide position, so location is flexible, but regular travel is likely required to do the job
-salary range: $70k-$100k annually
-medical benefits offered