- Responsible for fulfilling our mission of “Being simply followers of Jesus helping others follow Jesus” in the lives of 6th – 12th grade students. This leads to our vision of Christ followers who “love God, love others and change the
- Provides leadership and supervision of volunteers in the Youth Ministry, promoting an atmosphere that encourages youth to grow and develop as Spirit-filled disciples of Christ. The Youth Director must possess a strong commitment to Jesus Christ, full authority
of Scripture and all Grace’s core values.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee programs: Supervise all aspects of the youth ministry program, including worship, education, spiritual development, evangelism, missions, fellowship, and affirmation of youth and support of families of youth.
- Family ministry: Develop strong relationships with and between families that equip and train parents in family discipleship, worship, service and evangelism. The youth ministry at grace is seen as a family ministry rather than a single
ministry to students; Youth ministry is working alongside parents to raise strong, deep, and committed followers of Christ.
- Service and Justice: Develop programming that educates and leads young people in justice and service (e.g., mission trips, volunteer work, etc.)
- Weekly responsibilities: Oversee Sunday morning youth classes, weekly Bible studies, and a Mid-week evening youth service/program. This includes this responsibility for curriculum and structured activities. Attend and be active in staff
meetings and collaborations.
- Trips/events: Oversee the planning of youth events, such as youth retreats, youth camps, and mission trips or youth participation in special services with the whole congregation.
- Active in lives of youth: Establish a Spiritual program of membership outreach to win the hearts of youth and families to Jesus Christ and encourage full membership participation whenever possible. Visit the youth and their families off-site,
such as public and private school visits, sporting events, personal emergencies or illnesses, community events, and community activities, which involve our youth.
- Mentor atmosphere: Develop mentoring relationships with the youth, encouraging each one to fully develop their God-given talents. Encourage those with a calling to pursue full-time Christian service.
- Spiritual Growth: Encourage youth in their spiritual growth by example as well as by direction. Reflect discipline and integrity in all aspects of own life. Demonstrate the priority and value of time with family.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Experience: Skills, experience and passion working with youth in a spiritual setting, specifically students 6th – 12th grade.
- Time management: Proven ability to plan, be organized and lead effectively and efficiently in prayer, design and lead prayers, programs, and services. Must be self-motivated and take initiative, and able to organize one’s time effectively.
- Leadership ability: Leadership skills involve excellent communication: (Written, verbal, plus making your point understood), and recruiting, equipping, and overseeing (mentoring) volunteers.
- Team Player: Experience and proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Visionary: Ability to effectively communicate a vision of youth ministry and advocate for youth and youth ministry within and outside the church.
- Pastoral Care: Ability to care for youth and their families in crisis and to intervene appropriately with referrals and other appropriate responses
- Experience with technology and social media
- Spiritual Mentor: Experience in leading small groups and shepherding students to grow in their leadership and discipleship in Christ.
- Christ-like Character: Adhere to the Christian Standard of moral conduct within and outside of Grace (Background check will be required)
Please send your resume to Kathy Strickland,