Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty,
natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a
Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening for a Staff Internal Auditor in our Internal Audit Department.
Description of Job duties:
- Work under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit to conduct/perform audits and reviews throughout Samaritan's Purse, to ascertain
- 1) the effectiveness and adequacy of Samaritan's Purse internal controls,
- 2) accuracy of financial records and standards of performance,
- 3) compliance with Samaritan's Purse established policies, and procedures,
- 4) compliance with laws, regulations, etc. that are applicable to Samaritan's Purse, and
- 5) measures taken to safeguard Samaritan's Purse assets
- Assist in establishing departmental policies and procedures for the Internal Audit Department. Perform and direct technical and administrative activities necessary for the Internal Audit Department.
- Assist in developing and executing a comprehensive audit plan. Use risk assessment to determine the level of detail and frequency of audits and reviews of the various functions and areas of Samaritan's Purse.
- Assist in conducting financial, operational and information technology audits and reviews of the various functions and areas of Samaritan's Purse in accordance with the approved audit plan. The purpose of each audit or review is to ascertain one or more
of the five points noted above in the Summary section.
- Prepare written reports of audits and reviews for the Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Board Consultants, and appropriate management. Reports should summarize areas with positive results and recommended changes, as needed,
in operations or policies and procedures to improve internal controls or increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review audit issues with management of the audited area and the VP of Finance/Chief Financial Officer to evaluate plans to implement corrective action. At a later date, as appropriate, follow-up on planned corrective action to determine the extent to which
it was carried out.
- Assist in developing a recommendation for Samaritan's Purse’s area of Special Emphasis Review and coordinating work with management.
- Assist in reviewing the annual Conflict of Interest Policy and reporting to the Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer, the VP of Corporate Affairs, and appropriate management. Review compliance with the Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends and developments in accounting, internal audit, technology, etc. as appropriate through continuing education and monitoring financial and business publications.
- Assist in conducting special studies as requested by Samaritan's Purse’s Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer, or Vice President of Corporate Affairs.
- Perform monthly review of internal financial statements prepared by Samaritan's Purse.
- Protect and maintain information acquired in the course of performing duties in a confidential manner. Information will only be disclosed with appropriate authority from the Chief Executive Officer.
- Monitor financial and business publications for news, upcoming events, etc. related to Samaritan's Purse.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Accounting, Business or Finance; Working towards - Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and/or other relevant certifications preferred; minimum of one year experience
in audit, three years’ experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies or other accepted/certifiable Biblical programs strongly preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Standard office environment
- Travel (25-35% of the time) approximately 9-12 weeks internationally and 1-3 weeks domestically per year to conduct audits and reviews independently in situations and surroundings that may be unfamiliar.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate