St. Matthew’s House is a faith based 501(c)(3) charitable organization that exists to transform lives in a spiritual environment that is both compassionate and disciplined. Our organization continues to grow and we are consistently seeking new applicants
for many positions. We offer an excellent employee benefits package! * Please visit our website at http://stmatthewshouse.org/about-us/careers/ to view all of our job postings.
The VP of Discipleship position involves focusing on the St. Matthew’s House mission while coordinating Christian formation among the organization. Empowering Christian leadership within the Justin’s Place program, other St. Matthew’s House employees, and
volunteers through biblical principles and teachings is necessary in this role. Collaborating with team members to discern, articulate and implement the vision and discipleship strategy is needed. Overseeing and managing our Jail Chaplain Ministry, Justin’s
Place Recovery Programs, and directing Community Outreaches are a part of this role.
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP TASKS
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills; proven presentation abilities. Public Speaking/Preaching/ Evangelism on behalf of St. Matthew’s House will be required. Must effectively articulate ministry objectives.
- Discern, promote, and implement local and global mission opportunities that participate in God’s redeeming within our mission.
- Leads collaborative effort in goal setting and execution of strategy for direct reports.
- Responsible for Jail Chaplain Ministry, Justin’s Place Programs, outreach initiatives
- Implementation of strategic plans to enhance mission support internally and externally with other congregations.
- Participate in ongoing personal and vocational development (participates in AGRM conventions and other ministry conferences)
- Pursues effective and amiable relationships with all generations, develops deepening levels of trust with leaders; approachable spirit and personality; conducts oneself with full integrity, honesty, and maturity; pursues resolution to conflicts
- Provide insight on enriching the lives of Justin’s Place program clients, employees, and volunteers.
- Attend weekly Director’s meetings
- Establish an environment that exudes Christian morals and beliefs.Perform baptisms and communion when needed
- Responsible for contributing to discipleship topics and lectures among the Justin’s Place Recovery Program.
- Conduct Bible Studies with program clients, employees, and volunteers
- Lead all teams in prayer and provide Christian guidance/support
- Assist with spiritual crisis’ when needed and provide spiritual support to the family members if needed
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a complex environment.
- Strong servant leadership and planning skills.
WILL ABIDE BY BOARD ADDOPTED VALUES, BELIEFS, and PRINCIPLES
- We are a Christ Centered, Christian Organization, whose mission and purpose is focused on the directives of Jesus in Matthew 25: 35 – 45.
- With the love of Jesus, we welcome all who come to us for help and treat them equally regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, belief or what they have done in the past.
- Our objective is the restoration of people’s lives, free of addiction and as meaningful and productive individuals in the community.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology or Masters in Divinity. Licensed/Ordained Pastor/Minister preferred; proven experience of comparable ministry responsibilities
Experience: Counseling and recovery experience preferred