This position is a great opportunity for the qualified person to join our staff and serve in an established United Methodist Church with contemporary and traditional worship, in Seneca, S.C.
- Directly reports to Senior Pastor.
- The Children’s Minister will also work closely with the Associate Pastor, who also serves as Saint Mark’s Discipleship Minister
- The Children's Minister will work closely with the Youth Minister to develop and implement a comprehensive program of discipleship for our younger disciples.
- 30 hours/ week
Provide leadership and direction that creates an exciting and enticing discipleship and evangelism program for the children, parents, and Child Development Center of Saint Mark United Methodist Church. This oversight includes direct responsibility for Nursery,
Children's Sunday School, and Children's Church.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Education, training and/or experience in child development, education and/or
- An understanding of UMC principles or to strive to learn them and incorporate them in children's programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to children's ministry and maintaining proficiency in
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all segments of the church, including being a
team player within the church staff
- Proper background check via the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
- Sufficient computer experience in basic programs to carry out an effective
ministry with current technology.
Lifestyle and Christian witness
Qualified applicants are those who have demonstrated the following:
- A desire to live a Christian lifestyle and maintain a Christian witness to others.
- A personality that is encouraging, caring, and joyful to which young people will respond.
- Dedication to the faith, particularly as expressed through ministry.
- An effective Minister of Children’s Discipleship will encourage all children in the congregation and community to grow in faith as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- The Minister of Children’s Discipleship will partner with the families of children to form them in the faith, that as they grow from birth through fifth grade they will have a thorough exposure to the stories of Scripture, an understanding of Wesleyan theology,
and the ability to connect faith and real life.
Please send Resume and Reply to : Mary Ann Schrecengost - email@example.com
Posting closes August 12, 2017