We are looking for highly motivated Full Charge Bookkeeper to assist in a wide range of accounting tasks. The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of Bookkeeping/Accounting experience, is extremely organized, has a strong work ethic, can
learn new tasks quickly, and is not afraid to take initiative. Although we are a 31-year-old company, we have grown considerably since 2008. We are in need of a capable Full Charge Bookkeeper to help us continue that success.
High Point is an industry leading, ministry-minded travel resource for churches, missions agencies, Christian schools and para-church organizations. Our goal is to help ministries and churches with logistical aspects of trip planning, save them time and
money in the process, and allow them to spend more time making Christ famous.
High Point is a growing company with a great family atmosphere. Last year alone we sent over 35,000 people on international missions. We are looking for someone who will not only fill a functional job description, but also become a key member of our team.
The job of the Bookkeeper is to provide assistance to the CEO, Directors and staff with all aspects of accounting in our office. The bookkeeper works in conjunction with our staff, clients, and vendors to manage most day-to-day accounting
operations. It is also imperative that you understand GAP (General Accounting Procedures), beyond a specific software like Quik Books. We work in a custom in-house accounting system that requires a full understanding of accounting practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable / Payable
- Maintain financial records by preparing, collecting and posting monthly journal entries
- Maintain general ledger
- Monitor, track and rectify any discrepancies; assemble all financial information and verify its accuracy
- Verify records by reconciling bank statements
- Make daily check deposits
- Generate and process check and credit card payments
- Invoicing Clients
- 2 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Bachelors in accounting or finance is preferred but not required
- Proficient on a MAC Computer
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and understand new software systems quickly
- High integrity
- Strong work ethic
- High attention to detail
- Proactive and willing to take initiative
- Strong organization, multitasking and time management
- Willingness to take ownership and lead a process from start to finish
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com