Function: The Worship Pastor (WP) is responsible for establishing the overall creative and artistic worship culture at Ridge Point and support within the Fearless Network of Churches. The WP will create a training and development system
for worship leaders, vocal support and band participants at Ridge Point. The WP will set worship standards and coach other worship leaders at network churches to ensure a high level of excellence and authenticity.
Hours: Exempt-Full Time, Salaried Exempt employees are those who are regularly scheduled to work RPM’s full-time schedule. Salaried exempt employees will receive the same weekly salary regardless of the number of hours worked. It is expected,
however, that such employees will work an average of hours per week.
Worship Pastor, Ridge Point Community Church
- Is passionate about using the creativity and talents of instrumentalists, vocalists, worship leaders and other artistic art forms for members to participate and engage in glorifying God.
- Coordinate the development of worship sets for each service and coordinate necessary logistics (eg. compiling music packets)
- Coordinate music for special productions as needed, including arranging and recording.
- Provide creative input for weekend services, and work closely with the Weekend Gathering team in establishing an engaging and relevant church culture.
- Assist the Weekend Gathering Pastor by assuming the role of Director/Producer as needed on the weekends.
- Insure the rehearsal and direction of weekend bands including making sure sound and monitor checks are handled in an organized manner
- The WP develops, organizes and directs volunteer musicians and arranges and coordinates music to ensure a high level of excellence.
Developing Worship Leaders, Vocal and Band Members
- Encourage and Coach creativity and artistic Christ centered expression in the development of artists, vocalists and musicians
- Responsible for creating a system and structure where vocalists and band participants (i.e. students & adults) are encouraged to develop their gifts and use them in various places throughout the ministry (i.e. Weekend Gathering and student ministries)
- Coordinate a system that provides for the recruitment, auditioning, scheduling and development of all volunteer musicians (band, vocals and worship leaders)
Worship at Network Churches
- Our Fearless Churches definition of worship is, “Our response to who God is and what He is doing.” The WP is responsible for establishing an overall culture of worship that gives glory and praise to Jesus as our Lord and Savior
- Coach and invest in the worship leaders and volunteers (as needed) at the Fearless Churches
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God
- Committed to supporting staff members, volunteers, and the faith community
- Able and committed to actively share the Gospel with lost people
- Servant-leader, faith-centered, spiritually growing, and teachable spirit
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, shepherding, and administration
- Expresses flexibility, cooperation and teach-ability
- Visionary leader; forward thinker; self-directed; team oriented
- “All-in” regarding Ridge Point’s Statement of Belief and DNA- Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and empower volunteer leaders in healthy ways which promote their spiritual growth and further the ministry of the church
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, –ability to consistently encourage and support others
- Strong logistical skills (attention to detail, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently; objectively apply problem-solving skills)
- Equip and empower based on Ephesians 4:11-13
- BA in related field (e.g. instrumental music, music education, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in being part of a worship team or worship band
- Minimum of 1 year experience in leading worship
- Member or willing to complete Rooted and become a member of Ridge Point Church within 6 months of employment
To apply for this position you must email the following information to HR@fearlessfollower.org