We, at Burr Oak Church, Rensselaer, IN, are hiring a full time pastor. We are members of the Evana Network, encompassing our evangelical anabaptist roots. We are a rural community church that has been in existence since 1920. We have an average attendance
of 70-80 people of all ages and diverse social backgrounds. This church is known as a place where the Word of God is faithfully preached, people are loved, and we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. We have vibrant worship teams, gifted preachers, and
thriving children's and youth ministries. We have a long history of faithfulness of prayer in this community.
Our Vision statement is: We believe God’s vision for Burr Oak Church is to worship God, to minister to each other, and reach the world for Jesus Christ.
We desire to make an impact in the community and the world around us for Jesus Christ.
Applicants for Lead Pastor at Burr Oak should have the following qualifications and skills.
1. They must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and a strong commitment to the scriptures as God's authoritative word.
2. They must have a clear sense of the call of God to serve as a pastor/shepherd under Jesus Christ.
3. They must be committed to the vision and mission of Burr Oak church and willing to seek licensure through the EVANA network.
4. They must have moral integrity as outlined in 1 Tim. 3:1-17.
5. They must be Spirit filled, believing in and functioning in at least some of the gifts of the Spirit as outlined in 1 Cor 12:7-11, Romans 12:6-8, Ephesians 4:11-12 and I Peter 4:10-1. They should be actively attempting to follow the Holy Spirit's leading
in both their ministry and their personal lives.
6. They should be a biblical teacher/preacher. A lead pastor should preach regularly, but doesn't have to do all the preaching at Burr Oak. We prefer all sermons to be bible based.
7. They should have a pastor's heart able to do pastoral care.
8. They should be able to lead the church with a vision to reach outside ourselves to the community around us in evangelism and service. We participate in the community ministerial association and several ecumenical ministries.
9. They should be committed to developing/mentoring leadership within the church. We believe the lead pastor's job is to equip God's people to do the work of ministry; Ephesians 4:12
If you feel led by our Lord to consider this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org