NDC YOUTH (TEEN) LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Youth/Teen Leader is responsible for the development and oversight of the New Direction Church Youth & Teen Ministry. This position will provide leadership, direction, management, and outreach to the Youth Ministry. The Youth Pastor will further develop
a vision and philosophy for the entire Youth & Teen Ministry in accordance with the overall vision of the church.
The Youth/Teen Leader will report directly to the Senior Pastor and will on a regular basis meet with the Pastor to discuss the vision, progress, and development of the Youth Ministry as a whole
It is expected that the Youth/Teen Leader ALWAYS reflect the values and principles of New Direction Church and encourage the youth ministry and its volunteers to do the same. It is REQUIRED that the Youth/Teen Leader be driven, focused, dedicated, and loyal
to the essential functions of this position.
- Further develop the youth/teen ministry in order for it to become self sustaining including:
- Selecting a new curriculum in accordance with age groups
- Structure and organize according to the vision of the senior Pastor
- Oversee Wednesday night Teen Class
- Organize and plan monthly activities
- Develop an evangelism plan for the youth/teens
- Help to grow the youth and teen ministry as well as grow the church membership overall.)
- Develop an outreach and community work plan for the youth/teens
- Be able to give an account for and track the teens and volunteers weekly
- Serve throughout the week in other areas and on weekends when needed
- Develop consistent weekly office hours for administrative work to further the Youth/Teen Ministry
- Support the Senior Pastor fulltime
- Provide oversight of all youth/teens especially during all weekend/weekday worship services
- This includes tracking and assimilating teens into the appropriate areas while teen church is and is not being administered
- Assure that all youth groups maintain a balanced program of spiritual, physical, and social growth.
- Become acquainted with the personal lives of the youth and their parents
- Assure proper care of facilities used by the youth groups
- Assure proper training and regular involvement of volunteers for the youth/teen ministries
- Maintain a well-planned and carefully balanced program, including regular youth events, and curriculum throughout the year that is properly coordinated with the church calendar and presented in ample amount of time to the appropriate parties
- Assure responsibilities are delegated properly and are understood throughout the department to volunteers including responsibilities for event planning, outreach programs, and Wednesday and Sunday Classes.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous Youth Ministry experience is required
- Previous experience in ministerial work within a large setting required
- Proven ability to recruit, develop, and direct a team of volunteers
- Previous experience in working with urban youth from a variety of ethnic and economic backgrounds.
- Masters-level Biblical education preferred
- Collegial approach to work with others including other church staff
- Strong personality with the ability to enforce disciplinary action when necessary
- Ability to work well with others and maintain a positive, motivating, and reassuring attitude with members and youth
- Ability to create a friendly and inviting atmosphere within the youth ministry that encourages and exemplifies growth
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20,000.00 to $25,000.00 /year