Associate Pastor of Student Ministries
The position that we are seeking to fill is a full-time position as an Associate Pastor, with a portfolio pertaining to Student Ministries. Student Ministries is defined as the group of people from 7th thru 12th grades. Because of the
current size of our youth group and the many needs of our body, particularly young adults, this position would possibly incorporate the needs of young professionals, college-age students and general care of people to the age of 29. This is open to discussion.
- Serve as an Associate in Ministry. This means that first and foremost the Associate is a minister to the body at large along with the Pastor and will at times be called upon to minister to people as directed by the Pastor. (i.e. preaching, visitation, prayer,
vision casting etc.)
- Will be the person who is responsible to establish and set vision for the ministry for which they are in charge and have that vision approved by the Pastor.
- Some key characteristics needed for the position are:
- A Strong, Vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ; living in a Spirit-Filled power.
- A strong, relationally healthy family (if married)
- A work ethic which is responsible and reliable
- Abilities to work within a team environment and to build teams
- Characteristics of integrity, transparency, honor, moral righteousness
- Develop one-on-one relationships as well as the ability to engage groups
- Knowledge of the different systems and methods of Ministry
- Motivate and encourage people
- Proper delegation of responsibilities with oversight
- Providing fresh thinking and ideas to Programs, Problem Solving and Conflict Management
- The ability to teach (communicate) and be taught
- To engage people and draw them into leadership positions.