The Finance Manager is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information. The person in this position also has to be able to prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate
accounting control procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prioritize and manage ministry expenditures within approved budget.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual reports.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Establish and monitor the implements and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Develop and maintain financial data bases.
- Financial audit preparation and coordinate the annual audit process.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Initiate and oversee annual budget setting process along with The Executive Director of Administration.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Administration.
- Must embrace the Christian faith in all aspects of life.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of financial systems, budgets and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications.
- Attention to details, accuracy, planning and organizing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Information and task monitoring.
- Problem analysis, judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- A fast paced, Spirit filled, Christian atmosphere.
- Mandatory attendance to weekly staff meetings and weekly staff devotion.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and discussion with leadership.
- A bookkeeper
- Others assigned by Executive Director of Administration.