– Born again Christian who feels a call by God into Youth Ministry
– Seminary degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in leading a successful youth ministry
– Strong organizational and leadership skills
– Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
– Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Long Point Baptist Church
– Oversee and attend all programming and ministry for youth grades 6th – 12th grade, including Sunday mornings (Bible Study), Wednesday Family Nights, summer programming (Houston 1:8), and special events
– Choose and prepare curriculum for youth ministry that teaches biblical truth and challenges them to grow closer to God
– Create environments, activities and programming for youth ministry that will facilitate biblical learning and encourage spiritual growth
– Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers
– Provide pastoral care for youth and families within the church including hospital visits; extra-curricular activities, etc.
-Establish a strong core of youth leaders to help assist you in the youth ministry as well to disciple them as a group/one on one
– Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families
– Properly use and budget all youth ministry expenses for the fiscal year
– Be accessible to parents & volunteers during church activities
– Effectively communicate to parents through social media, newsletters, email, or phone calls regarding news, curriculum, youth events, etc.
– Effectively communicate to volunteers through social media, newsletters, email, or phone calls regarding lesson plans, youth events, etc.
– Assist the Senior Pastor with baptisms, communion and teaching on a rotation schedule with the Elders of the church
– Attend all staff meetings as requested by the Senior Pastor and/or Elders
– Perform all other job-related duties as assigned
– A minimum of 15 hours is required for this position including one day in the office.
– The Youth Director will report to the Senior Pastor.
12,000 a year