Converge is a movement of churches working to help people meet, know and follow Jesus. We do this by starting and strengthening churches together worldwide. For over 165 years we’ve helped churches bring life change to communities in the U.S. and around
the world through church planting and multiplication, leadership training and global missions.
Converge is looking for a new team member who will write content that effectively describes and promotes the organization to Converge staff, districts and churches through multiple marketing and communication channels. This role requires exceptional writing
and storytelling skills.
This is a salaried, full-time position located at the Converge headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, write, solicit, edit and proofread content for newsletters, emails, websites, magazine and social media.
- Solicit and expand content leads from Converge ministries, districts, churches to develop stories for blog and social media.
- Proofread content for publication/posting.
- Assist in developing content for marketing materials including brochures, event displays, videos, websites and other content as needed.
- Participate in Connections team brainstorming and planning huddles as requested.
- Other editorial tasks as requested by Director of Communications.
- Ensure branding and quality standards are met on content developed for Converge.
- Occasional travel required for on-site reporting.
- Strong writing, story-telling, editing and proofreading skills are essential.
- Must possess excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- General knowledge and understanding of digital media/social media writing techniques.
- Ability to work in a content management system (CMS).
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- 3+ years of professional writing experience (church and/or Christian ministry a plus)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in communications, writing, journalism or related field.
Experience in the operation of PC and Apple computers. Ability to develop, organize and complete tasks and projects using software programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Proficiency in written and spoken English. Demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to engage teams across a range of different organizational functions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, motivational, and presentation skills
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Travel may be required for various meetings and/or training. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Converge is a “faith” organization and would expect any candidate to affirm and identify with
our statement of faith and values. Born-again Christian active in a local church. Godly character that demonstrates honesty, integrity, responsibility, reliability and confidentiality. This individual
will display these skills and qualifications: organization, typing, data entry skills, attention to detail, thoroughness, decision making, independence and analyzing information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please feel free to visit our web-site www.converge.org or send your resume and writing samples to Lisa Johnson, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Converge is an equal opportunity employer. We are a “faith” organization and would expect any candidate would want to affirm and identify with our values and faith statement.