River Run seeks a Student Pastor to provide the leadership, vision, and direction necessary to make a lasting impact in the lives of students. The successful candidate must have a strong passion to disciple families and can do so in a fast-paced, high-intensity,
ministry environment that thrives on creativity and organization. The Student Pastor will lead students 6th- 12th grade.
This position requires a high-capacity leader to serve as our Lead Student Pastor and eventually across all campuses. This individual will be able to work with both students and parents while providing strong leadership to staff, and volunteer teams. We
view success in the student ministry both as an attractional (outreach) and a missional ministry (discipleship). The ideal candidate will seek to grow middle and high school ministries both numerically and spiritually. The Lead Student Pastor will also be
responsible for the development of community through small groups, be the primary visionary at high school large group gatherings and train and equip future leaders and communicators for middle school ministry.
Our goal for student ministry is to develop a highly relational community outreach ministry and develop experiential transformational development opportunities through missional small group communities. We believe the strongest spiritual formation begins
in the home, so we need a leader who can encourage and equip the parents to be the spiritual leaders.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Seminary a plus.
- Proven track record of working in a large church setting with 5+ years experience. Multisite church experience preferred.
- Recognized commitment to reaching students in the community and schools, as well as students within the body of the church. We desire “out of the box” thinking, creativity, innovation, recruitment and spiritual development.
- History of recruiting, training and growing leaders that love and serve today’s students and success in creating a structure that disciples and grows students spiritually.
- Confirmed demonstration of excellent stewardship with resources and budget management.
- Experience maintaining personal relationships with students, parents, staff and volunteers while also having a strategic vision for growing the ministry.
- Proven experience in communication, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Our team is made up of “figure it out” type people.
- Proven track record of discipling students and challenging students to disciple other students.