The Search is On for the next CEO of Shepherd's Gate in Livermore, California. This is a pivotal time as we work to restore dignity and hope, rebuild strength and stability and reach out to women and children in need.
Click here https://www.shepherdsgate.org/ceosearch for more information and a copy of the position description.
Please join us in prayer for God's person to lead this vital ministry.
Thank you for your interest and support of Shepherd's Gate.
The CEO Search Task Force
Position Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) –
Reports To: Board of Directors
FSLA Status: Exempt
Status: Full Time
Summary: Shepherd’s Gate is a Christian nonprofit on a mission to free women and children from the destructive cycles of homelessness, addiction and abuse. We have provided Christ-centered services and housing from 1984 to over 11,000 battered homeless
women and children.
JOB OVERVIEW: The CEO provides organizational leadership to accomplish the Mission of Shepherd’s Gate. The CEO works in collaboration with the Board of Directors and staff, as well as a dynamic network of donors, policy makers and other
strategic partners, advancing Shepherd’s Gate, its growth and vital mission.
This role within Shepherd’s Gate leads Resource development, Program planning (Short term and long term), Community and Public Relations, Fiscal management and Board liaison.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and administrative oversight for Shepherd’s Gate and supervise Shepherd’s Gate staff.
- Ensure compliance of all programs and activities with local, state and federal laws, while providing effective service to the population served.
- Create and oversee development and communication strategies to meet Shepherd’s Gate short and long-term financial goals.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gifts, and relationships with foundations, corporations, individuals and community organizations.
- Ensure alignment of programs and services to organizational mission, Board priorities and operational budget.
- Develop and execute programs to promote effective church and public relations to increase awareness and visibility of Shepherd’s Gate.
- Manage and coordinate the volunteer and professional relationships in support of Shepherd Gate’s events, major/planned gift fundraising activities, and the annual banquet.
- Act as the spokesperson and public face of Shepherd’s Gate. Meet with community members and organizations to tell the Shepherd Gate story and to gain financial support.
- Work with Board President to:
- Recruit, orient, develop and evaluate board members
- Cast shared vision
- Communicate ministry progress and challenges with the board
- Establish effective committees and task force(s)
- Foster effective teamwork between the Board, CEO and Staff
- Work with board of directors to establish, execute, evaluate and annually update a rolling three-year strategic plan
- Participate in an annual executive evaluation.
- Oversee the development of annual budgets and effective accounting systems to ensure fiscal soundness and sustainability.
- Oversee hiring, development, retention and separation of employees.
- Other duties necessary to lead the organization or assigned by the Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS):
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Self-motivated and inspiring leader with strong organizational skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion and enthusiasm for accomplishing the mission of Shepherd’s Gate (Calling)
- Comprehensive management skills which should include: short- and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff, working with volunteers, team building, financial acumen, and governance of a nonprofit organization
- Problem solving and decision-making skills that include data analysis, critical and creative thinking, and collaboration.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in business, social services and/or leadership
- Five or more years of progressive organizational and/or non-profit leadership experience.
- Proven track record of success in a leadership position overseeing operations of an organization or program with exposure to non-profit organizations, while maintaining solid relationships with staff, board, donors and community.
- Demonstrated history of development/fundraising experience securing major gifts within a nonprofit human service organization.
- A solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management and marketing.
- History of working with women experiencing homelessness, addiction and/or abuse.
- Demonstrated committed Christian faith.
- Champion Shepherd’s Gate Statement of Faith, and has the knowledge, desire and ability to share it with others.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including experience developing and implementing public-private partnerships to achieve community-wide social and economic goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Team player focused on the overall success of the organization.
- Extensive experience in leading the process of ongoing strategic planning.
- Skill in overseeing budget preparation and managing finances.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with community leaders and donors as champions who support Shepherd’s Gate.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, Client Programs and Human Resource Management, including staff supervision, personnel laws/regulations and guidelines.
- Extensive experience in public speaking/public relations.
- Ability to promote agency visibility through participation and/or membership in community and professional organizations, community forums and collaborative(s).
- Experience developing strategy and goals for a healthy organization and fundraising.
- Knowledge of leadership and development practices.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in donor management in addition to Microsoft Office.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Physical demands of maintaining an office and leading staff.
- Stairs are needed to access some campus areas.
- Frequent meetings outside the office, during the evening and on weekends.
- Able to drive to off-site meetings and appointments.
- Drug and nicotine test
- DMV record check
- Background check
- Credit check