The Pastor for Adults/Discipleship leads all the Adult Ministries of the church including the Men's Ministry, Women's Ministry, Single Adult Ministry, the Adult Ministries Council, and the Senior Adult Ministry. The individual also leads the process of discipling
This individual's involvement in the leadership and discipling of all adults at all stages of life encompasses planning, coordination, operation and evaluation of a total program of activities and ministries.
The Pastor/Adults is responsible for planning, coordination, operation and evaluation of a total program of activities and ministries involving and relating to all adults – young adults, single adults, adults with/without children, median adults, and senior
adults. The Pastor for Adults/Discipleship is also responsible for periodic pulpit supply in accordance with the Holy Spirit’s giftedness and in accordance with the direction of the Lead Pastor. Oversees the work of the Connections Ministry Coordinator.
Oversees the work of the Adult Ministries Council.
Qualifications for the Position
Must have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must have a calling to the local church ministry. Must have a loving relationship with family and church family. Must have experience both educationally and “in the field” of outreach, assimilation,
Bible study ministry, and church discipleship/education. Must have a Bachelor’s degree. Preferable to have a seminary/master’s level. (However, not having an advanced degree does not exclude an individual from consideration.)
The Pastor for Adults/Discipleship reports to the Executive Pastor for Ministries/Missions
- Provides leadership for development, training, and placing of adult ministry volunteers for service.
- Meets regularly for fellowship, training, updating the leadership of the Discipleship/ Bible study ministry, Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, Senior Adult Ministry.
- Responsible for the Adult Discipleship/Bible Study Ministry of the church.
- Supervise the volunteer leaders in the Adult Bible Study ministries of the church.
- Oversees the Men’s Ministry, the Women’s Ministry and the Senior Adult Ministry.
- Survey the needs of all adults including couples with no children, empty nesters, and senior adults.
- Keep church informed of all young adults, single adults, and adults with and w/o children, median adults, and senior adult’s needs and ministry plans through all appropriate channels.
- Serve as teacher/speaker, in accordance with giftedness, giving first priority to the study of God’s word in preparation for his preaching/teaching ministry.
- Leads out in worship services, including the observance of church ordinances under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
- Recruits, trains volunteers needed in the various Adult ministries.
- Plan and participate in a continuous visitation program of adults.
- Plan activities, trips, and special events for adults.
- Develops annual budget for all the young adults, single adults, adults with and w/o children, median adults, and senior adults.
- Performs other duties as assigned.