Part-time Position: 20 hours of work per week (planning and participation)
Compensation: Commensurate with background and experience
Ministry Objective: Facilitate transforming lives of teenagers into the image of Christ.
Ministry Strategy: Provide leadership in creating environments for teens of vital interaction with God’s Word, vital interaction with believing peers in small groups, and vital interaction of service to others.
The Journey South Bay Youth Director leads both the junior and senior high ministry. The Youth Director works in conjunction with the Journey Leadership Team to implement a youth program focusing first and foremost on the spiritual growth and health of
the Journey youth. The youth program has a broad scope that includes Sunday youth services, social events, retreats, missions opportunities, and service projects alike.
- Recruit, equip and encourage a volunteer staff to assist in guiding teens toward spiritual transformation.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents as they disciple their children.
- Organize, implement, and maintain Sunday youth service, mid-week study groups, evangelism, missions, service projects, retreats, and social activities.
- Lead the weekly youth service, preparing and delivering talks rooted in scripture.
- Create and oversee a youth ministries budget.
- Be mentored by Staff Pastor(s) and attend monthly ministry team meetings.
- Establish a local identity with emphasis in our local community and high schools (Redondo, West Torrance).
- Collaborate with other neighborhood youth programs.
- Participate in JSB church, attend weekly service and church events.
- Engage in mentoring with JSB Pastor
Requirements of Youth Director:
- Bachelor’s degree (prefer theological studies or scripture training)
- Practical experience of three or more years with Youth Ministry
- Leadership experience with responsibility for planning and carrying out a ministry program
Character and beliefs
- Committed to the Bible as God’s Word and the authority for Christian living above the values of tradition and culture.
- A firm belief that all humans are sinful and can only be reconciled to God by His grace, through faith in Jesus’ death and resurrection.
- Enthusiasm and positivity
- Passionate and committed to ministering to youth in a manner that leads to a deeper understanding of the sufficiency of Jesus Christ.
- Exhibits the character qualities of a leader as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
Applicants please send resume along with a one page Word document with your personal written Statement of Faith to: email@example.com