GENERAL SUMMARY: The Accounting Specialist helps empower CRISTA to meet its mission by supplying excellent attention to detail and outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers. The Accounting Specialist will efficiently
process high volumes of payables and administer the corporate purchasing card system. The Accounting Specialist will also conduct ministry research, perform special projects, and prepare other reports as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Job Duties 1. Accounts Payable Accounting:
- Perform the necessary accounting functions that will accomplish accurate and timely record keeping for all ministries, including, but not limited to the processing of all incoming payables, vendor account reviews and filing.
- Manage the corporate purchasing card program including activation/deactivation of users, audit of purchasing card statements, maintenance of the sign off infrastructure and facilitation of card limit changes.
- Follow CRISTA policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
2. Accounts Payable Support:
- Provide excellent customer service in both verbal and written communications with internal and external customers.
- Be an AP software (Unit4 BWO) resource to staff regarding PO requests, vendor payments and other inquiries.
- Maintain annual blanket purchase order listings, creating or deactivating as requested.
- Assist Finance Operations Manager with internal control audits of vendors, purchasing card usage and other items as needed.
- Recommend process and system improvements to Finance Operations Manager.
3.Positions assigned to CRISTA’s Shoreline Campus or Crista Shores will require unsupervised access to vulnerable adults through CRISTA’s Senior Living Ministry.
4. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Christian Commitment: Godly leader and servant leadership style that is relational and reflective of John 10; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and spiritual maturity.
Education: Associate’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience with computerized accounts payable systems, computerized general ledger systems and customer service.
Software and Equipment Used: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Other Considerations: Able to work independently, efficiently and professionally with a wide variety of personality types. Demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow. Able to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
1. Education: Associate’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
2. Experience: Experience in high volume accounts payable.
3. Software and Equipment Used: Experience with Agresso (or other ERP software) and/or a purchasing card program.