The Financial Analyst is responsible for assessing and maintaining the financial health of Media through financial forecasts, strategies related to metric and data assessment, variance analysis and special projects with a strong
focus on operations. Help empower CRISTA to meet its mission by providing great accounting, finance support and excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Identify industry specific metrics and benchmarks, prepare financial presentations,
conduct industry/peer group comparisons, and other projects for Media. Prepare journal entries, monthly financial statements, complex reconciliations and audit schedules. Supervise Media’s billing, collection, commission process, assist with budgeting, and
prepare tax returns. Provide consultation, analysis, input, and feedback to enable Media’s financial success.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Financial Planning & Analysis Activities:
- Critically analyze financial data and make recommendations to management based on trends, mission alignment, and media industry standards. Highlight trends and analyze variances to provide early detection of variances from financial plans.
- Proactively provide consultation, analysis, input and feedback to enable Media’s financial success.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives or new products, including development of pro formas as requested.
- Prepare and review a weekly and monthly financial dashboard report with the General Managers (GM) and Vice President (VP).
- Prepare presentations for Media and CRISTA leadership.
- Review monthly financial data with GM’s. Provide feedback and recommendations on variances, anomalies, and trends.
- Use operating statistics and metrics as well as other operating data to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improved operating performance.
- Prepare a monthly NOI estimate with the input of GMs.
- Accounting and Finance Team Support:
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and answer questions from auditors as assigned.
- Provide direction and assistance in AR reviews and collections.
- Prepare month end journal entries and reconciliations as assigned.
- Utilize media and accounting software to prepare journal entries, reconcile accounts, modify and generate reports.
- Oversee monthly Media Account Executives’ commission calculation and review commissions with Account Executives as appropriate.
- Prepare annual filings for BMI, ASCAP, Worksafe BC, and other Media related reports as well as assigned quarterly census reports.
- Prepare the 990T and state tax returns. Calculate estimated quarterly tax payments.
- Review assigned sections of the monthly financial statements for accuracy, clarity and trends; communicate findings as appropriate and provide input for board notes.
- Provide backup duties for other Accounting personnel as needed.
- Draft and maintain policies relating to billing, collection, and commission processes.
- Annual Budget Preparation and Monitoring:
- Provide budget parameters to the VP and station GMs.
- Work with VP, GMs, and department managers to gather budget input.
- Prepare the annual budget and multi-year forecast.
- Assist the VP in presenting the budget to CRISTA leadership.
- Prepare quarterly forecast updates.
- Software Expertise and Training:
- Create best practices in alignment with CRISTA and industry standards with respect to billing system.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of budgeting, tracking and report writing tools currently in use. Identify improved tools where possible.
- Develop/enhance training materials as needed to provide high quality training and excellent support for internal customers.
- Work with the GMs and Media leadership team to ensure Account Executives receive training and are equipped with the tools they need to succeed.
- Look for ways to continually improve systems and processes in the area of financial management.
- Supervise the Media Accounting Specialist and their related work through the development and management of appropriate short term and long-term objectives, strategies, standards, processes, and performance evaluations.
- Review journal entries, reconciliations, and other work prepared by direct report.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To view the full job description & submit an application, please visit our website: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oGGB6fwN&s=Christian_Jobs