Rockwall, Texas, United States
Min Pay Rate:
Max Pay Rate:
Part-Time with potential to become full-time
Rockwall Friendship Baptist Church
At Rockwall Friendship, Student Ministry is a significant part of ministry life and reaching the masses for Christ. It is not only youth ministry, but ministry geared toward families with children to young adult. We believe that support during the formative
years is essential in long-term spiritual development.
Student Pastor will seek to equip parents with opportunities and resources to fulfill God’s plan for the family (Deuteronomy 6:1-9), and to create environments where students and parents become thirsty for God (Matthew 5:6).
Spiritual and Character Qualifications
The Student Pastor should:
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Have a history of moral purity
- Meet the biblical qualifications for elder/pastor (I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9)
- Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
- Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
- Be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message
- Possess the spiritual gifts of teaching (Romans 12:7), leadership (Romans 12:8) and administration (1 Corinthians 12:28).
This position requires a relevant college degree as well as 3+ years experience in leading a children/family ministry. Seminary or ministry training is a plus. Must be willing to live in the Rockwall community or reside close to the area.
Proven track record to create and launch new ministries and to build teams and equip team members for greater fruitfulness
Spiritual Gift of Leadership and Teaching, with either Administration or Evangelism
Excellent communication skills with a substantial aptitude in teaching
A leader of leaders with the proven ability to lead a group of people to embrace and fulfill a vision
Ordained/licensed to preach and administer sacerdotal requirements
Be comfortable working in a diverse ministry setting
- Oversee student ministry through classes/activities that are strategic and fun (middle & high school).
- Teach/facilitate curriculum for Wednesday night and Sunday mornings
- Recruit and empower teams of volunteers.
- Develop a core leadership team to assist and to champion student ministry.
- Design/recommend an ongoing connection tool to partner with parents and help them expand their spiritual influence on their families.
- Lead and ensure the RFBC youth and adult volunteers are led in fulfillment of the church’s mission
- To work as a “leader of leaders” and “recruiter-equipper” who recruits, equips, and disciples adult volunteers.
- Develop teachers for support teaching roles on Wednesday and Sunday’s.
- Lead outreach events or activities where the youth reach out to the lost and the under privileged
- Attend staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with Sr. Pastor
- Follow-up with absentee students or those who have dropped off in their involvement.
- Contact visiting families that have children
- Come alongside parents of troubled students to encourage and equip.
- Coordinate camps, retreats and mission trips (to be determined)
- Oversee the purchasing/creating/implementation of all curriculum
- Fill pulpit as needed
- Support ministry mission, objectives, core values and activities
- Support and uphold church doctrine
- Provide support to children’s ministry as needed
- Other duties as assigned