The Major Gifts Officer will develop and manage a portfolio of existing and potential major donors through regular in-person, phone, web and mail contact. Cultivate new and expanded relationships with donors through a strategic process of Moves Management.
Understand donor interests in SPIRIT 105.9 with the objective to move them into a larger commitment by providing personalized attention, appreciation, spiritual development and information on areas or projects of their interest. Grow donors’ gifts and bring
in new prospects for major and planned giving gifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
(Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Develop a ‘Moves Management program for $2,000+ donors and high-level prospects, manage a portfolio of 120 to 200 donors.
- Able to travel in Central Texas engaging donors. Visits could range from announced or unannounced appointments at places of business, homes, and throughout the community.
- Contact a targeted number of donors in a given week and month. Keep track of all communication and live contacts made through Sales Force.
- Engage major donors in referral relations.
- Make contact with new and existing donors in person, via the phone and through written communication to walk them through a complete donor cycle (identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship). Meet annual fundraising and performance goals.
- Understand SPIRIT 105.9 and CRISTA Media platforms on a basic level as well as know the giving and fundraising opportunities. Be able to communicate the stations’ work to our donors.
- Grow donor segments proactively by being alert to new giving opportunities that are appropriate to donor’s individual interests and donation commitments.
- Develop a specific and detailed knowledge of SPIRIT 105.9 and CRISTA Media platforms in the assigned geographic area. Deeply engage donors of the radio station and related digital platforms.
- Work closely with other team members in Donor Relations and Marketing to ensure all donor contacts are coordinated and remain donor-centered.
- Update Sales Force for any changes to address, phone, e-mail or additional information learned about the donor.
- Participate in the training and mentorship of CRISTA mid-level staff, encouraging them in their work, taking them on visits and providing insight.
- If remote, regularly Skype and engage remotely in team activities.
- Travel to Seattle Headquarters to collaborate with team members on a limited basis.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Christian Commitment: A deep and abiding faith that is fully surrendered to the will of Jesus Christ, evidenced by a lifestyle that is consistent with biblical principles in word and deed. Commitment to spiritual
growth and development. Demonstrates the values of CRISTA leader.
- Education: Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year
- Experience: Three years of successful experience in fundraising or sales.
- Software and Equipment Used:
- Proficiency on a computer
- Able to use a computer for a prolonged period (sometimes over six hours a day).
- Other Considerations:
- Excellent customer service and sales skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Goal and task oriented.
- Able to solve problems and work independently.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to keep files organized.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
- Experience: Five years of sales or fundraising experience or one year as a chief or principal gifts fundraiser or equivalent.
- Software and Equipment Used: In depth knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or Sales Force.
- Other Considerations: Experience with and network in diverse populations, including Hispanic communities. Existing relationships with a network of major donors in Central Texas.