The Ministry Assistant / Secretary position serves as the administrative and clerical support for the Ministry Team at University Baptist Church. The Ministry Assistant / Secretary is often the first person one meets when contacting the
church and so provides a warm and friendly image of UBC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Part-time hourly position / 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Typing proficiency with skills in grammar, layout, formatting, and other editing tasks.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with all church and pastoral matters.
- Demonstrate high level of trust and trust-worthiness.
- Responsive and attentive to instruction given by pastoral staff.
- Meet and greet office visitors.
- Answer the telephone.
- Serve as a gatekeeper for Pastoral Ministry Team (screening the team from unwanted interruptions via phones calls or unexpected visitors).
- Attend staff meetings and record meeting events.
- Prepare and print weekly bulletins, inserts, and other church related publications.
- Prepare daily mailing and distribution of mail.
- File, organize, maintain, and assist in purging of files.
- Assist with committee meeting notifications -- email, mail, phone calls, etc. as needed.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the pastoral staff.