Position Title: Sponsorship Coordinator
Department: Africa Renewal Ministries, USA
Reports To: Office Manager
The Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for the daily sponsorship processing functions of Africa Renewal Ministries, USA. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position requiring some occasional overtime, Saturday work, and/or evening hours which will
be scheduled at an agreed upon time.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for all sponsor communications including phone, email, direct mail, and social media.
- Shares phone duties with Financial Associate.
- Liaison with Ugandan Child Development office staff to answer sponsor questions and set up sponsor/child visits.
- Keeps notes in donor database system to assure that status of any sponsor issue is accessible to all office staff & management.
- Develops & maintains good working relationships with co-workers and management through positive communication.
- Trains Financial Associate to provide backup for sponsorship functions and to communicate sponsorship information with sponsors.
- Follows all established office procedures.
Donor/Sponsor File Management
- Performs data entry for new sponsor and donor account setup.
- Implements & maintains digital sponsor/donor files as needed.
- Maintains & updates sponsor/donor information such as church affiliation, address, phone, email, and communication preferences.
- Sets up & maintains accurate pledge information, including payment method.
- Creates & delivers new sponsor packet and pledge acknowledgment letter, via the appropriate delivery method.
Child Profile Data Management
- Inputs and maintains data for all children currently & previously enrolled in the Child Sponsorship Program and assures accuracy of the data.
- Assigns & tracks sponsorship ID numbers.
- Oversees the Annual Update Process including upload of new photos, upload and key-in of current information, and delivery of the updated profile to the sponsor.
- Tracks & provides status of Annual Updates to management in US & Uganda.
- Provides child profiles to partner churches as required and maintains accurate records of those checked out to partner churches and other organizations.
- Processes exit & transfer notifications in a timely manner and communicates completion to staff in Uganda.
- Communicates child exits to sponsors in a professional manner with the goal of effectively converting the sponsor to engage with another child. Requires phone, email, and direct mail correspondence.
- Works with Ugandan staff to assure accuracy of exit data.
- Oversees Children’s Letter Program including receiving and distributing all children’s letters to sponsors. Includes downloading, emailing, printing, and mailing, tracking, and reporting.
- Communicates with sponsors regarding options for sending letters & photos, encouraging them to utilize online tools as often as possible.
- Prepares sponsor letters for mailing to Uganda on a monthly basis.
- In conjunction with Executive Director & Office Manager, enlists, trains, and deploys volunteers to assist in critical areas including data entry, mailings, sponsor contact, and other activities designed to enhance the sponsorship experience.
- Creates, maintains, and distributes various sponsorship reports for Managers, Staff, and Church Partners.
- Processes and communicates birthday reminders to all current sponsors.
Skills and Abilities
The successful employee:
- exhibits Christian character and leadership qualities. Is a self-starter who is highly motivated to accomplish the goals of the ministry and thrives in a multi-tasking environment. Prioritizes multiple responsibilities effectively.
- demonstrates a strong desire to learn, improve, and grow in all skill areas.
- communicates well, both verbally and in written form. Listens well, expresses ideas and conveys them clearly, Speaks positively and effectively with donors and potential donors, while handling sensitive issues in a manner befitting a Christian ministry.
Previous customer service experience and the ability to resolve complaints is necessary.
- has excellent interpersonal skills - collaborates well with others to effectively accomplish ministry tasks. Mitigates conflict with co-workers while remaining sensitive to cultural differences, and is in submission to authorities. Is a positive influence
on those in the office.
- Solves problems creatively within constraints of available resources.
- Is computer literate - understands basic computer navigation and extracts needed information from the ministry database to answer sponsor & management questions.
- possesses intermediate skill levels in Office Suite and Outlook, and has previous experience with web-based database systems.
- participates willingly in ongoing discipleship programs to encourage growth in Christian faith.
- Is able to lift 10 lbs.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
ARM’s offices are located in a small house near a church. The atmosphere is informal and the attire is business casual; professional behavior is expected. All employees are expected to maintain a neat, clean, well-organized office space.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested
by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will”