Is God calling you to a new adventure? The Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. and Faith House LLC are looking for those who sense His calling to join a team of evangelical Christians who are committed to changing lives now and for eternity. We are looking for
those who love Jesus Christ and are compassionate toward those who are homeless, hungry, addicted, or in desperate physical and spiritual need.
Must enthusiastically agree with Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values, and Goals.
There are three opportunities: Public Relations Manager at the Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. and Director and Program Manager at Faith House LLC.
If you would like to join a great team in a life-changing ministry, please email your resume to email@example.com or send to P.O. Box 3389, Frederick, MD 21705.
No phone calls accepted. To learn more about the Frederick Rescue Mission, Inc. visit www.therescuemission.org.
Position Summary: The Program Manager has primary responsibility for guest resident intake and Personal Development Plan (PDP) oversight. The Program Manager will provide accountability and support through regularly scheduled appointments,
documenting progress of PDPs and compliance with Faith House programmatic components. The Program Manager will work closely with the Faith House Director and House Managers to achieve identified goals.
- Provide spiritual leadership and accountability to Faith House guest residents.
- Share the good news of the Gospel and the love of Jesus with all contacts, Faith House guest residents, volunteers, visitors and staff.
- Review the Faith House Guest Resident Handbook with each new admission to verify understanding of House policies, procedures and responsibilities.
- Supervise all aspects of admission intake, following protocol for personal items and supply distribution.
- Counsel residents concerning local services and supports available to assist them in meeting their desired goals.
- Design and implement personal development classes for Faith House residents to address recovery issues, life skill needs and parenting - classes to be offered both during the week and weekend.
- Assist guest residents in the creation of their Personal Development Plan including evaluation and needs assessment, identification of personal goals, measurable outcomes, accountability and exit strategy.
- Regular monitoring of progress on PDP and revise goals as necessary.
- Meet with assigned guest residents weekly to review progress, identify challenges, and provide options.
- Assist guest residents with contacting FCPS concerning school placement and YMCA concerning childcare.
- Attend staff meetings: provide updates concerning guest resident’s progress, discuss identified challenges and/or challenges within the House, participate in Faith House team problem solving and solution identification.
- Provide opportunities/activities (volunteer or self-lead) that foster positive mother/child relationships, as well as provide a forum to practice parenting skills - classes to be offered both during the week and weekend.
- Provide drug/recovery training to Faith House staff concerning including identification, proper search procedure, visual signs of impairment, side effects, current trends.
- In partnership with the Faith House Director, provide consultation to determine guest resident admittance, response to issues that arise, including disqualification of guest resident.
- Proactive in promoting conflict resolution within Faith House.
- Provide detailed change of shift report to incoming staff, with pertinent guest resident and/or facility needs.
- Assist the Director in the on-going development of the program design, implementation, evaluation, and guest resident accountability, as well as health and safety of guest residents, and overall condition of the facility.
- Assist Director in scheduling of staff to ensure that Faith House has 24-hour coverage
- In the absence of the Director, make decisions in accordance with the Faith House guidelines.
- Maintain positive working relationships with community partners, agencies and businesses.
- Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality of guest residents, volunteers and staff.
- Manage, train, and schedule Faith House volunteers.
Qualities and Skills Needed:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and active in a local church.
- Committed to the Scriptures in faith and practice.
- Three – five years of work experience in related field. Social work or counseling background preferred.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills, both written and verbal, as well as conflict resolution skills.
- Understanding of issues and challenges that accompany women and children who are experiencing homelessness, crisis situations, recovery, behavioral health issues, etc.
- Must enthusiastically agree with Mission’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Core Values, and Goals.
- Reports to Faith House Director
- FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
- Pay Classification: Part-Time
- Regular weekend/evening work