SCOPE: This position provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the CEO. It serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President.
- Serve as a liaison to the board of directors and executive/senior management teams (ELT and SLT); organize and coordinate executive outreach and external relations efforts
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that can be highly confidential; arranging complex and detailed
travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, and others on matters related to CEO's programmatic initiatives
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, emails and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle;
- Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group;
- Championing the Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience; additional study in relevant course work
- Three years’ experience in a similar administrative role
- Experience with customer database systems including data entry and reporting
- Demonstrated ability and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and Outlook
- Ability to develop skills by observing others
- Understanding of formal and informal structures
- Ability to formulate a clear sense of personal direction
- Strong sense of self-confidence and motivation
- Ability to be flexible and think about things in a different way
- Ability to be a sounding board to discuss ideas and approaches before action is taken
- Ability to travel with CEO on a regular basis