Work Faith Birmingham- Executive Director
Full Time Position
Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement, Life Insurance Dental, Vision, Cell Phone
WorkFaith Birmingham (“WFB”) is an Alabama nonprofit corporation exempt from tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)3. WFB was established in 2013 as a Christian ministry to serve adults in transition, particularly those facing major employment
barriers, who desire to work yet who were unable to secure and retain employment. WFB addresses workforce development by empowering participants with the skills, ethics, and values necessary to enjoy transformed lives through work and faith.
The Executive Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer of WFB. The Executive Director is responsible for leading the ministry in the consistent achievement of its mission while overseeing the administration, staff, programs, strategic plan, and financial
management. As Executive Director of a young and growing nonprofit, the Executive Director will be required to perform various tasks which may include, but are not limited to, community partnership development; employer relationship development; spiritual
development for staff, boards, and clients; board and junior board development; facility oversight; financial management oversight; program oversight; administration oversight; and fundraising.
Board Collaboration: Work with the Board of Directors to fulfill the mission of WFB.
- Report directly to the Board of Directors. ?
- Responsible for leading WFB in a manner that supports and implements the
WFB’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function effectively and make informed decisions.
- Responsible to collaborate with the Board and Junior Board to know how best to use their gifts, time, and talents to accomplish WFB’s mission.
- Responsible to work with the Board and Junior Board to secure the necessary funding for WFB to accomplish it’s mission.
Mission, Program Development, and Strategy: Work with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through effective programs, strategic planning, staff effectiveness, and volunteers.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of WFB’s programs and staff to ensure they carry out the organization’s mission successfully.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure WFB graduates are able to secure and retain employment that leads to careers.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of relevant information/research and significant developments that affect and inform the successful implementation of WFB’s mission. ?
- Responsible to help develop and oversee a successful volunteer recruitment and implementation model that serves the ministry and the graduates.
Operations: Oversee and appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriately aligned with Biblical standards and best accomplish the priorities of the ministry in a fiscally responsible way.
- Responsible for the effective administration of WFB’s operations.
- Responsible for the recruitment, employment, training, and release of all personnel, including paid staff, contractual labor, and volunteers. ?
- Responsible for establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures and job descriptions (as needed) for all staff (paid, contractual, and volunteer), holding regular performance evaluations, and implementing mutually beneficial human resource
- Responsible for maintaining a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff. ?
Financial Performance, Management, and Viability: Help develop sufficient resources and maintain financial oversight to ensure fiscal health and integrity of WFB.
- Responsible for recommending and maintaining sound financial practices including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflects the financial condition of WFB.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the fiscal activity of WFB staff that ensures operating within the approved budget and ensures maximum resource ?utilization.
- Responsible for providing strategic direction for grant development.
- Responsible for supervision of day-to-day financial operations including payroll, tax compliance, ?expense reports, donor receipts, etc. ?
Community Partnerships/Awareness/Employer Relations: Develop partnerships within the Birmingham Community to fulfill the mission of WFB
- Responsible for identifying, initiating, and nurturing strategic partnerships within the Birmingham community that help advance WFB’s mission by providing prospective clients to WFB, financial support for the mission, and employment opportunities for WFB
- Responsible for all aspects of communication to the community to create greater awareness to churches, potential partners, potential clients, potential and current financial supporters, and potential and current employers.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of all social media presence, website, communication pieces, press releases, newsletters, etc., that are needed for community partnerships and awareness.
- Responsible to help develop and implement a marketing plan that keeps donors and prospective donors, and the community at large, aware of what God is doing through the ministry of WFB.